Discontinued hinges

Discussion in 'Cosmetic & Restoration' started by Darrin, Nov 25, 2017.

1. Silvertwinkiehobo

Silvertwinkiehobo "Everything that breaks starts with 'F.'"

That would be cool if those do fit. Has anyone checked to see if Taurus/ Sable wagon rear glass hinges are the same?

2. KevinVarnes

KevinVarnes Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Inserting copies of the pictures of the original LTD hinges for posterity from the old auction while you can still see them. Hopefully this works.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. KevinVarnes

Wagon Garage:
    First/second gen Taurus rear glass hinge part numbers are E9DZ74420A68A and E9DZ74420A69A, but I'm having as much luck finding those as the LTD parts. I cannot find a good enough picture to determine if they are anywhere close. My guess is no. Chances of finding a first gen Taurus wagon in a junkyard are quite a bit better than an LTD/Marquis though. Third and fourth gen Taurus rear glass hinges look much different from what I can see in pictures.

4. RickG

RickG New Member

Hello there, I am looking t purchase for the drivers side Tailgate hinges for a 1989 Merc Colony Park wagon.
    The hinges that make the tailgate open like a door. Part # E5AZ7443056A. A picture is attached. Can come from a Ford LTD or Colony Park 1985-1991. Thanks

Attached Files:

5. KevinVarnes

Wagon Garage:
    Are yours missing or can you rebuild yours? Unlike the fox based LTD that this thread is based there were actually quite a few Country Squires and Colony Parks build so if they are missing I wouldn't think you'd have too difficult of a time finding good used hinges if your are missing. Keep your eye on your local craigslist for somebody parting one out or search on ebay, but don't limit your search to your part number.

6. Darrin

Darrin Member

Hello everyone, it's been a long minute but still looking for those dang hinges.
    Anyone have any luck? I'm thinking that I may have to get them made. Oem would be awesome but, probably not gonna happen

7. KevinVarnes

Wagon Garage:
    Did you ever look into the Escape/Mariner hinges? I haven't seen any new LTD/Marquis hinges pop up anywhere. Barring the Escape/Mariner hinges you can search for used ones. Row52.com has an LTD wagon on it, but I can't see the rear tailgate to see if it is fixed glass or hinged. There are used LTD/Marquis parts cars out there, but you have to do some digging to find them. Car-part.com is another good search site, but you might have to try to search for a wagon only part to find a yard that has one and then talk to them to see if they have the hinges since it could be listed under a bunch of different things.

It seems like it would be much easier to adapt hinges from another model or find good used ones than try to have new ones made. That is going to be ridiculously expensive.