Anyone else like 1964 Chrysler longroofs too?

Discussion in 'General Station Wagon Discussions' started by WagonTheDog, Nov 6, 2021.

?

Do you appreciate the quirky styling of '64 Chryslers?

1. Yay

100.0%
  2. Nay

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. OrthmannJ

OrthmannJ Always looking for old ford crew cabs

Alright, here I am. Sorry for the delay.

I have always loved the mid 60's Chryslers. I have (on more than one occasion) day dreamed of having either a four door hardtop or a four door hardtop wagon. I don't have a favorite year, but I definitely love the 64's.

2. WagonTheDog

WagonTheDog Well-Known Member

Go figure you'd like a '64! ;)

OrthmannJ and Silvertwinkiehobo like this.
  3. Silvertwinkiehobo

Silvertwinkiehobo "Everything that breaks starts with 'F.'"

Jeremiah, you should look around, just see what hardtop sedans and wagons are available. You never know what you might find.

4. Dan Scully

Dan Scully Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Sold this one last year , solid So Ca car, 9 pass. Found the 64 Sport Fury for $2500 about 4 years ago . 20210110_132554.jpg 20210110_132629.jpg

OrthmannJ, Jim 68cuda and WagonTheDog like this.
  5. WagonTheDog

Man, that Sport Fury is awesome! I don't know what your plans are for it, but I'd keep it just like that. It has a really cool, worn survivor look. I love that colour too. What a killer car for $2,500! What engine is in it?

6. Dan Scully

Dan Scully Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Had , a 361 now a 440. Had a friend that is always helping me and every time he was over , the question was what are going to do with it . I have way to many projects so he is the new owner . He has a gear vendors for it and some aluminum heads , roller can, rocker's etc for it . I have my a-100 project and 70 300 vert to finish. 20160730_162209.jpg DSC03861.JPG

Jim 68cuda and WagonTheDog like this.
  7. OrthmannJ

What can I say? :thumbs2:

Interestingly enough the four door sedans seem to be fairly plentiful and surprisingly cheap for cars of that caliber. I just don't have the space. I don't have room for what I have now :biglaugh:

$2500 for a 64 Sport Fury
    :eek3:

8. WagonTheDog

Well, I'd say you have a well-deserved bias and a subconscious affinity, and compulsion for '64s! :D The '64 Plymouth B-body was (and is) arguably the nicest looking of all Mopars for that year, so you've got a good 'un! ;)

I hear you on that one. I don't have any extra space where I'm living now either. I hope to remedy that eventually, but sadly, nothing will be changing in the immediate future. Oh well, eventually...

Totally agreed about '64 Chrysler sedans being much more common though. I mean, any '64 Chrysler isn't "common", comparatively to other cars, but when you do find one it tends to be a sedan, much more often than not. In order of commonality, I'd say it goes: sedan, coupe and then wagon. The wagons seem to be particularly hard to come by. Again, comparatively to other manufacturers, Chrysler didn't make very many cars in 1964, so none of them are very easy to come by. But the '64 still looks nice as a sedan too. I'd honestly take any body style. I love the wagon, but I also really like the fins of the coupe and sedan as well.

My sentiments exactly! :shocked: I sure do miss those days where, even 20 years ago, cars like that could still be found at those prices. Now it's an extreme rarity. *sighs, pines for the "good 'ol days"... I'd be lying if I said I didn't wish I was @Dan Scully's friend! Maybe I could have parked it on the roof? :scratchchin:

9. OrthmannJ

You're probably right. I agree 100%
    Why thank you.

WagonTheDog likes this.