2010 Custom Longroof

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Projects' started by RMay, Jan 29, 2017.

1. RMay

RMay Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    I was not satisfied with the look of the original side glass install. The car spent some time between me and the glass shop as I did some rework to the openings and getting new glass cut. I am now waiting for my friend to fit it in to complete paint work on the top.
    I have been driving it some and doing inside work so that I can install more sound deadening and finalize a design for the headliner and interior trim.

ModelT1 likes this.
  2. RMay

RMay Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Still waiting for my painter friend to finish the paintwork on the top. While I wait I have been driving around and going over some design ideas to finish the interior. The Camaro always did display some road noise and now with the rear more open it is even more noticeable. I have covered the rear wheel wells with sound deadening material and as I design my side covers which will also house my rear speakers, I will make sure additional insulation is added. Some noise may also be contributed to the tire tread design which a friend pointed out that he had on his Corvette until he went to another tread design. Trial and error for now but I am sure I can get it where I like it.
    I am amazed at the amount of people I don't know that either come up to me or take pictures when I am driving and post them. My Son works for GM in Michigan and his friends found my car shared on a Mopar site with a picture of me driving it the day before. I am really looking forward to one of my visits when I drive the Nomaro to Michigan. The last few years my 56 Chevy ElCamino conversion has been very well received by the car community in Michigan. Someone even made a 50 piece puzzle that you can do on the internet of me and the 56 driving down Woodward Blvd. Hopefully they will like my Nomaro conversion as well.

23231271_10212878536771201_4999723593883055559_n.jpg

OrthmannJ likes this.
  3. OrthmannJ

OrthmannJ Always looking for old ford crew cabs

It certainly is unique. If I didn't know about it previously and I saw it somewhere I'd take a picture of it too!

RMay likes this.
  4. Thirsty islander

Thirsty islander Well-Known Member

It could have just rolled off the showroom floor, most wouldn't know any better

wagonmaster and RMay like this.
  5. Silvertwinkiehobo

Silvertwinkiehobo "Everything that breaks starts with 'F.'"

Wow. That's some love child.

6. RMay

RMay Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Recently changed my wheel/tire combination for the winter on the Nomaro.
    I then made another attempt at changing my dash monitor language from French to English. Not sure exactly how I did it but I finally got it to read English. While I was doing my Wagon conversion build I had the battery disconnected. The car was built in Canada and sold new in Tonawanda, NY. When I reconnected the battery all the data went back to its original manufacture setting including the date and language which was French. I followed the instructions for changing the language and while my display screen on the radio converted over to English, my dash monitor kept giving me everything in French. A friend who works for a GM dealer even tried and could not get the language to change.
    Fast forward 4 months of driving and still not fluid in understanding French, I tried again today to reset the language. This time I decided to try changing to Spanish which seemed to work but I can't speak Spanish either. I then just did the guy thing and said screw the instructions and kept playing with the buttons. My method worked and the Nomaro and I understand each other as we are now both communicating in English.
    downsized_1115170837.jpg

Grizz and ModelT1 like this.
  7. ModelT1

ModelT1 Still Lost in the 50's

Wagon Garage:
    Maybe you should take French leasons just in case! weee weee!:yup:

And this is the second year with my 2014 Impala clock in English that I can't remember how to FALL BACK.
    Maybe I need to read the owners manual. That thing was also made in Canada. They're taking all of our jobs away from China.

Or we can trade even up for your Nomaro or something.:cheers:

8. RMay

RMay Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Work to be done on finishing details in the interior around the windows and headliner. The Grandsons are with me for part of the summer so that work is on hold and having fun with them cruising in the Nomaro is the current priority. 21057662_10155622772914793_497905925_o.jpg IMG_3681.JPG

OrthmannJ likes this.
  9. OrthmannJ

Good to hear from you RMay. Looks like you and your Grandsons are enjoying the Nomaro. I'm happy to see it.
    :thumbs2:

10. jmt455

jmt455 Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Great work; that car looks awesome!

RMay likes this.
  11. OrthmannJ

It certainly does. It gives dreamers like me proof that you can build anything you put your mind to.
    Thanks for sharing this project with us.

RMay likes this.
  12. daniels

daniels Active Member

Wagon Garage:
    This is a fantastic job. Amazing how talented you are.

RMay likes this.
  13. RMay

RMay Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
  14. Grizz

Grizz Are we there yet???

Wagon Garage:
    Yes! Yes! Yes! Wait.....the link for the build does not go to the SWF. WTF?! Congratulations!!!! Would you ever consider selling that thing? Not to me but to someone in general? What’s a nice 2010 Camaro worth? $7-$8,000? What if someone walked up with $25,000?

RMay likes this.
  15. Silvertwinkiehobo

Silvertwinkiehobo "Everything that breaks starts with 'F.'"

DO NOT SELL IT. If it comes down to it, put it in your will to be donated to a car museum. That ensures some lunkhead, with more cash than brains and common sense combined, does not buy it, then wrecks it. And insure it to the hilt.