1993 Ford Crown Victoria - very low miles!

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Auctions, Craigs List and Other Stat' started by 72KingswoodEstate, Oct 23, 2014.

1. 72KingswoodEstate

72KingswoodEstate Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    I am not a DIY'er, so I had better watch it. lol.

Thanks. Yes, so far no oil leaks on this one. I have been no stranger to cars with oil leaks though. lol. My '72 Chevy wagon is battling a rear main seal leak now. :(

Thanks. Oh yes, rides like a dream. I mean the Subaru rides good to be an AWD Japanese wagon, but this Caddy floats. Best riding car I have ever seen in and I have owned a lot of boats over the years. lol.

Thanks. Hope to keep it running good for years to follow. It is almost ready to turn over 60,000.

Yeah, those Tourings are nice looking. I think they had a firmer suspension though, but not sure how much more sporty the ride was. This one literally floats. lol.

Yes, I hated the 92-96 Camry wagons - that rear end was ugly, but I really liked the sedans. I owned one before and loved it. This one I posted though was $1000 more than the Caddy and it had 181K miles. I actually used to own a 1995 Town Car Signature (for about 4 years) and loved it, but this Cadillac has a much better ride IMO, then again my car had been converted to coil springs on the back and lost the air ride in a conversion.

2. MercWoody

MercWoody Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Seeing that picture of the white Caddy with the touring trim reminded me that my aunt on the other side of the family had a white 89 Deville with the touring package just like that. She used the car for years for a rather long commute back and forth to work. It had the same motor as yours. It had just turned 200,000 miles when she finally sold it to a neighbor, which was probably about 10 or 12 years ago. It was still running good and I can remember her bragging that she regularly got about 25mpg running it up and down the highway.

3. 72KingswoodEstate

72KingswoodEstate Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Yeah, I have heard they are great engines. I think that the 1989 actually had a 4.5L, but was the same as the 4.9L, which was basically the same engine, only slightly larger. I think 1990 or 1991 was the first year for the 4.9L. I haven't driven mine much but I could see where they would get super MPG on the highway. At 60 mph, the engine is practically idling, as they are geared very high. When I was going down a grade on the highway I drive on daily... most every car I have had (with the exception of my '89 Safari and '98 Taurus) they will keep a steady speed going down the grade, or even slow down, but this Caddy will actually gain speed (with no acceleration) and I have to apply the brakes to keep from getting too fast. I bet it will get better highway MPG than my 2000 Subaru. :) It is also geared higher than my '95 Town Car was. I think these Caddys are geared @ 2.73, but the "Touring" is geared a little higher... I think I read they were 2.93, which is still lower than my Town Car was.