1980 Lincoln Continental Town Coupe

Discussion in 'Car & Truck Talk' started by jwdtenn, Jun 28, 2019.

1. jwdtenn

jwdtenn Well-Known Member

Goofiest ad ever. Why buy a functioning, nice (and very rare) car to trash it by cutting out the moonroof?

You can go into any junkyard anywhere and find plenty of moonroof-equipped heaps.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/392319538145

[​IMG]

2. Silvertwinkiehobo

Silvertwinkiehobo "Everything that breaks starts with 'F.'"

This makes me angry. If the roof is removed, it's automatically a parts car, not worth more than a couple hundred because it will not be complete.

3. jwdtenn

jwdtenn Well-Known Member

I'm enraged, too! Who does this?

You can cut out a sunroof from a junkyard wreck anywhere.

4. 60Mercman

60Mercman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    What an a-hole. Really? He’s probably gonna use it on his daily driver ‘94 Corolla. I’m sure he’s got big plans for that roof. And too what fun would that be to get a sun roof from a junk yard, when you can defile a perfectly good car. Maybe he’s gonna make a Sun Valley Cheyenne. I’m sure what ever he does with it will spike the value of whatever he plops it on. He’s neat!

5. 60Mercman

Wagon Garage:
    Not that it will do any good. I sent the seller a rather terse note. What a travesty he’s got planned for this sad car.

6. Poison_Ivy

Poison_Ivy Dogzilla Fan

Wagon Garage:
    What's he going to do with the Lincoln, though? Sell it with a cut out roof or plug the hole :huh:

7. 60Mercman

Wagon Garage:
    I guess the new owner can make a Convertible out of it. Or if you live in a sunny climate. Just drive it with the hole. Or find another really nice town coupe, and cut the top off it for a replacement. Sadly there’s alway a ton of options for you to screw things up. EBay is just loaded with fudged up cars.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2019
  8. moparandfomoco

moparandfomoco Well-Known Member

I just sent him a message to ask about the whole car. I'm sure he'll like that. I think we all should do that.

What do you guys say? He's already got ***ked feedback, and he only has 12 transactions, which would probably be more if not for Ebay's new negative feedback rules.

If this car was here in ABQ, this would be a good car for my son and I to monkey around in.

Yeah, a good unmolested drivetrain - only problem is its a 302 out of a 80 Lincoln - all 145 horse of it. I have taken craps with more horsepower and torque than that.

(SMH) Some people are just ***king stupid.

And this guy has a pic of a 77-79 Connie on his avatar.

Me personally, I'd just like to kick him in the balls. That's it. Good and dirty.

Poison_Ivy and 60Mercman like this.
  9. 60Mercman

Wagon Garage:
    I could totally see Anthony cleaning that thing up and driving it. Yeah this guys company is what Northwest land yachts, or barges or something. I guess he’s into buying what decent cars he can and screwing them up. As my dad used to say. He’s a real Turd-Bird

10. 60Mercman

Wagon Garage:
    Ya know in re-reading his auction.... the good stuff, Ice cold air. Guess you’ll need it with a 3x6 hole in the top. And I guess since he just doesn’t have the time, that’s what’s keeping him from getting off his a$$ and finding one in a yard. Then he waxes on again about the cold air and what an “unmolested” car this was and the old couple. They would sure be proud of his handy work. Again, hope he gets zero bids. I wouldn’t give him the satisfaction.

11. Poison_Ivy

Poison_Ivy Dogzilla Fan

Wagon Garage:
    Well, he could up the value again, simply by adding these simple mods:

12. moparandfomoco

moparandfomoco Well-Known Member

Well the guy answered me back and said he'd take 1500 at the lowest for the complete car, sans moonroof portion. Perhaps he doesn't know what it means by the "whole car". That tells me he prolly paid 1500. for it. I wish I had a crystal ball cuz I bet that roof system is going in his/or someone's, say 87 Town Car, and he doesn't realize that he'll have to fiddle with the roof and headliner and that will probably be two hoopties he'll make while he's at it.

They say some people shouldn't have sharp things or shouldn't be around liquor. This guy shouldn't be around old cars.

I still would like to kick him in the balls - all mean and dirty. I'd like to have this car - and here's someone cutting it up for an apparently Sh!tty reason.

BTW, that video of the wife accidentally kicking her old man in the nutz is stupid. Unless you like looking at cheap carpet and getting dizzy.

God - my blood boils when I think about this numbnutz and this car.

Poison_Ivy likes this.
  13. 60Mercman

Wagon Garage:
    Well you’re one up on me. He never did answer my questions. Of course you might have been nicer. I don’t remember exactly what I said but might have called him a du¥{£H bag.

14. Poison_Ivy

Poison_Ivy Dogzilla Fan

Wagon Garage:
    Calling this clown a du¥{£H bag would be a compliment, since du¥{£H bags get to see what du¥{£H bags service :facepalm:

15. OrthmannJ

OrthmannJ Always looking for old ford crew cabs

:rofl2:

I have seen my share of cars and trucks that were ruined by a failed attempt at installing a moon roof/sun roof.

I agree that even if he gets the roof cut out of this thing and starts installing it in whatever else he's working on, he'll probably never finish it. And they will likely both end up in the scrap yard.