1975 Ford Country Squire

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Auctions, Craigs List and Other Stat' started by markfnc, Feb 6, 2023.

1. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

2. Edv96buick

Edv96buick Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Wow nice color

3. ctrysquire

ctrysquire Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Absolutely gorgeous. I wish mine looked half as good. The woodgrain is amazing.

I note that it's a base Squire, i.e., it has neither the Landau Luxury Group nor the Squire Brougham option.

Doubtless someone will remark on the power door locks but lack of power windows. I've actually seen this before. Years ago, friends of ours bought a used '77 CS with that setup. I suspect that some buyers wanted the convenience and safety of the power locks, but feared children could be injured by the power windows.

The only thing that puzzles me is the sound system. Apparently, it has an AM/FM stereo, but only door speakers. I was under the impression that any stereo in these cars came standard with 4 speakers. Perhaps that was changed in '75 -- that being a recession year and one where inflation was a big concern (remember WIN buttons?).

One other thought: the 400 that year was not exactly a fire-breather. With 158 hp, it had only 5 horses more than the 351M, although the torque was pretty good. I had a '75 in the late '80s, early '90s with the 400. It was adequate, if not spectacular for the time, but average speeds have risen somewhat since then. The motor was very robust, though. I overheated it twice, and it kept on going.

4. 60Mercman

60Mercman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    I don’t think so. We had a ‘76 with stereo and it had the door speakers and the color keyed speakers in the luggage well compartment. The only thing I can think is that the AmFm may have been dealer installed. I would love to see if it has the stereo golden dot found normally on factory installed stereos or the red “stereo” word which normally denoted dealer installed units. Certainly the front door speakers are correct and color keyed. Things that make you go hmmmmm.

Country Sedan likes this.
  5. 60Mercman

60Mercman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Well at nearly $16,000, looks like the owner went home with his car. It is a beautiful car, but not one I would say was teaming with options. Don’t know what he has in it, or what he thinks it’s worth. There was a dark jade ‘78 on BAT a few years back that supposedly sold for $45,000. It was completely loaded, absolutely pristine, and low milage as well. Obviously if that ‘78 sold for that, it was deluxe clam shell prices. I hate to say I think the market gave this seller an idea of what this car was worth. He probably could have gotten to the 20 neighborhood had it had maybe brougham, or Landau trim with cruise and a couple of other goodies. A 460, and maybe some extra seats would have also maybe brought a few more folks to the party.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2023
  6. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

Yes surprising.
    Bid to $15,870 on 2/11/23, no sale
    [​IMG]