1969 Chevrolet Chevelle Concours Estate

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Auctions, Craigs List and Other Stat' started by jwdtenn, Jan 13, 2016.

1. jwdtenn

jwdtenn Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info, Professor. I do not understand why fiber optics lamp monitors like this have been dropped, as well as other useful features like cornering lights. This is progress?

Last edited: Jan 23, 2016
    72KingswoodEstate likes this.
  2. 72KingswoodEstate

72KingswoodEstate Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    I agree. My '69 Caprice was a high optioned car, but it did not have the light monitor option. I did have a '72 Cadillac tha did however and I think it was standard on the Cadillac. My '91 Cadillac also has it and it works. It also has one for the taillights that is inside the car above the rear window that can be seen in the rearview mirror... pretty neat, my '72 had that as well. I think Chevy dropped it as an option starting in '71, at least on the big Chevy cars.

I agree with the cornering lights. My '91 Cadillac has them and I have had many cars in years past with them and found them very useful. Some of the last cars I have seen with them were Cadillacs, Buicks and Lincolns and oddly enough, Nissans. My aunts old '95 Nissan Quest (Mercury Villager) Van had them as well as her 2001 Nissan Altima. I think that Nissan was about the only foreign car company that had them. I think Nissan faded these out by the mid 2000s. :( I do not think any new car has them now, not even Cadillac or Lincoln.

3. pyasher

pyasher Well-Known Member

In its day lamp monitoring was pretty high tech. I had it on a 70 Corvette. Pretty simple by today's standards. Pretty useless option IMHO.

4. jwdtenn

5. pyasher

pyasher Well-Known Member

If you are thinking about purchasing this wagon be sure to buy it off Craiglist because it is $5,000 less! Andy Griffin.png

6. jwdtenn