1967 Polara. Opinions?

Discussion in 'General Station Wagon Discussions' started by JaySco, Aug 7, 2019.

?

Is it a...

1. Project car candidate

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. Bad choice at best

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. JaySco

JaySco Noob McGee

That's the one! Oh man, it'll probably be gone before I get to it. I hope whoever gets it treats it right!

2. KevinVarnes

KevinVarnes Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    If that is legit that is a pretty smoking deal. That looks like a car you can get in and drive and fix up at the same time.

Let the hand wringing begin about no power locks/windows and inop A/C.

3. Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    I'm going to go 'wagon shopping' for Jay. Back in an hour or so........

4. Silvertwinkiehobo

Silvertwinkiehobo "Everything that breaks starts with 'F.'"

Pics if you can swing it? Asking for a friend.

5. Krash Kadillak

Wagon Garage:
    '97 Volvo V90. Not your typical 'American' wagon, but if you don't like the nice 24-valve straight 6, there's kits out there to drop in a Mustang V8....
    https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/d/anaheim-1997-volvo-v90/6956248469.html

[​IMG]

'65 Studebaker Daytona Wagonaire (sliding cargo roof) - Personally, I think this one is way overpriced. I'd offer him around $5,500, let him 'be insulted' for a couple weeks, and maybe he'll come back with a more reasonable amount. $6,000 would probably be a good deal on this. By the way - appears to be out in Hesperia.
    https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/d/hesperia-studebaker-hot-rod-surf-wagon/6954603798.html

[​IMG]

1986 Ford LTD Squire - this is on the 'Fox' body platform, so common Mustang parts from this period will fit. Has a V6 in it. Might not be your cup of tea, but expense-wise, this one should be fairly cheap to maintain. Asking price is a bit high.
    https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/d/hemet-1986-ford-ltd-station-wagon-obo/6952673538.html

[​IMG]

'63 Mercury Colony Park - This is another one where I think the seller is seeing too many dollar signs in his eyes - I'd put the value at more like $6,500 or so due to the condition of the paint, and probably the interior (he's not showing the BAD part of that...) Make an offer.....
    https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/d/rancho-cucamonga-1963-mercury-colony/6942226355.html
    [​IMG]

'68 Chrysler Town & Country ('project') - Doesn't say whether it runs or not. If it runs, the price is still too high, but maybe not by much......
    https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/cto/d/upland-1968-chrysler-station-wagon/6952540104.html
    [​IMG]

'94 Buick Roadmaster Estate. Newer wagon than you want, but these are quite popular here on the Wagon Forum. Not perfect, but EXCELLENT price....
    https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/cto/d/altadena-1994-buick-roadmaster-estate/6950904499.html

[​IMG]

Nice little AMC Rambler American, with some upgrades. It's only 65 miles or so from me, so if you're interested, I can go look at it for you......
    https://www.cars-on-line.com/gen3-cars/col1/posting/81160

[​IMG]

And the last one for the night, another Roadmaster Estate, this time a '96 (last year for these...)
    https://www.cars-on-line.com/gen3-cars/col1/posting/86848

[​IMG]

I wish i could have found more down in the $3 - 4,000 range, but there's just nothing out there right now.

JaySco likes this.
  6. Poison_Ivy

Poison_Ivy Dogzilla Fan

Wagon Garage:
    The Rambler seems like the best way out, methinks, if vintage plays a role. They're generally reliable and this one has a bolt-in updated engine and modern brakes.
    Also nice, if you don't mind a little work. The spare tire well looks like the only place where it's rusted. That's the most vulnerable place to rust first, anyway. Give it a set of H4 conversion eyes

[​IMG]

7. JaySco

JaySco Noob McGee

Thanks Krash!! Its like having my own personal shopping assistant LOL! Few nice ones there, that Merc and T&C are beautiful but outta my budget for now. That rambler with the 4.0 looks interesting, theres a local rambler wagon for sale too.

8. Krash Kadillak

Wagon Garage:
    I've seen that little Rambler American advertised before - maybe a year or two ago....... I like what the owner has done to it.

9. KevinVarnes

KevinVarnes Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Yes, this looks like a legitimate 8,000 mile car :rolleyes: At least they did a reasonable job replacing the wood grain. Looks like the paint could use some love.

10. Krash Kadillak

Wagon Garage:
    On the Facebook page 'Obscure Cars For Sale' - this looks like a good one!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/ObscureCarsOC/?fref=nf

'68 Dodge Monaco - A/C and power windows. Just brought out of a long 'sleep'......
    Owner's text:
    $5,500
    Mississauga
    1968 dodge Monaco wagon. With factory air and power windows. Rear power tailgate. Out if a 20 year slumber. Got her running the other day.
    Let me know if interested.
    Dodge Monaco wagon 1968.1.jpg

Interested? if so, I'll get the full contact information.

11. OrthmannJ

OrthmannJ Always looking for old ford crew cabs

That looks like a good candidate! Drive it (enjoy it) and wrench on it here and there as time and funds permit.

12. JaySco

JaySco Noob McGee

Thanks Krash, I really appreciate it but Mississauga is a little out of my search area. Sadly I'm still left dreaming until I get rid of my other vehicle. As soon as I'm ready to do some real wagon hunting I'll be sure to let you know, looks like you know all the rocks to look under! I also notice that Chrysler that you linked earlier got dropped a grand already. Still keeping an eye on that one too.

13. Silvertwinkiehobo

If I were in the market for a restoreable wagon, going out-of-state might be necessary. BUT, it is fraught with the possibility of finding something that looks good but has much, needing heavy repair, hidden.

14. Krash Kadillak

Wagon Garage:
    Do-able, but you need to have 'eyes on the ground' so-to-speak - either a trusted (recommended) shop in the area, or someone you KNOW in the area. That's how I purchased the Way-Back Machine, which was 2,011 miles away in Onalaska, Wisconsin when I saw it advertised. A dear friend right here on the forum drove 90 miles to look at it for me.

15. Silvertwinkiehobo

Yeah, I did the same thing for a friend of mine on Fullsizebronco.com; for the two I looked at, he sent me, I think, $75? That definitely covered my gas on both trips, and though one Bronco was one I recommended, he ended up finding an even better one in Southern Idaho.