1965 Falcon Futura Wagon

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Projects' started by JaySco, Mar 19, 2021.

1. JaySco

JaySco Noob McGee

2. HotRodRacer

HotRodRacer Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Wagon Garage:
    Awesome feedback, thank you.

3. JaySco

JaySco Noob McGee

4 months since the last update and this is still at the top of the page?! Looks like I’m not the only one getting hit with delays and other priorities!!

As usual I don’t have much done but I’ll share progress and plans. Got the carpet in, fits well and seems to be pretty well made. I did go with the mass backing which is 40mil thick rubber so I opted to use the sound deadener I had laying around on the roof, doors, and the cargo area. Speaking of cargo area, of course there is no carpet kit available anywhere so it was time to improvise again. I just bought a plain black house rug. Since it is nylon (plastic) it was pretty easy to heat and form in a couple spots and hit the spots I cut with heat again to keep it from fraying. The door panels are all ready and waiting for some simple upholstery, I needed new rear armrests and there’s three styles available all with different mounting points so I had to wait to see which I wanted (I got the cheapest ones, because broke life). The simple upholstery I mentioned will be the material in the foreground of the pic, there’s a plaid and a plain black. The craft store was having a killer sale and the sales girl used a coupon as well. Ended up getting 20yds of fleece and 5yds of foam for like $71. The plan was black for the panels and plaid for the seats but I have since talked myself into using a combination and making patterns. But seeing as how I don’t even have a sewing machine…we’ll see what happens. And seat belts! I got some. Went with the aircraft style latches, just like em more.
    Well, that’s way more words than I was planning on, here’s a pic for your patience: