1958 Ford Ranch Wagon build "Class Project"

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Projects' started by olivepick, Sep 25, 2009.

1. SquireDon

SquireDon Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Sounds like it'll be a fun project for the kids. I look forward to see it progress. I also have a '58 Ranch Wagon, except mine is a 2 door. It is alot worse off than yours, but hope to get it back on the road someday.

Here is my '58 Ranch Wagon blog:

http://ranchwagon.wordpress.com/

Don

2. tbirdsps

tbirdsps New Member Charter Member

Just my 2 cents. You should continue with the 58. There are lots of folks that learn the drivetrain and never do the suspension and brakes.

I think the next class would get a lot out of doing suspension and brakes and they may not necessarily see the performance but they sure could feel the change. :cheers:

3. snooterbuckets

snooterbuckets Well-Known Member

I'm sure you've thought of this, but I wonder if a local body shop might be willing to donate some of its facilities and time when it comes to painting it. Maybe they would agree to teach the kids how to do it and they'd learn from that as well. I guess it'd have to be a pretty generous and giving body shop owner, but who knows? Might be worth a phone call or two.

4. olivepick

olivepick New Member

Wagon Garage:
    Hey Don - great blog. Your friend Bob is the one who wants to trade for my wagon :).

Those parts from EMS might come in handy for me. I'd still like to do a real patch job on my floors.

You seem to have a line on '58 parts - let me know if you see a good driver side fender.

-Dan

5. SquireDon

SquireDon Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Oh my gosh! Thats funny. :2_thumbs_up_-_anima I knew Bob had a '64 wagon, but not that he was interested in trading it to anyone. I guess I really didn't connect the two. It truly is a small world. I wonder if he was trying to shock me by having me walk into his shop and seeing a '58 wagon sitting there. Bob's a good guy, if you ever need anything for your Wagon keep him as a reference because if its Ford, he'll know where to find it. He has been a good source for helping me find parts for my '58 wagon. Just recently he found a source for me to purchase a good pair of doors, and front fenders. I will see if the source has a good LH fender. I'll be picking up the parts this weekend.

I Look forward to seeing updates on your wagon restoration. Since we are both working on the same year and model of wagon, if you need anything let me know as I might run across it during one of my parts yard scavenger hunts.

Don

6. olivepick

olivepick New Member

Wagon Garage:
    It's official - the '58 will be around for another year.

Registration was this week and I have three new students signed up.

I'm going to start a new thread for the 2010-2011 class shortly.

7. Stormin' Norman

Stormin' Norman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Candy Apple finish, 2 tone, with a white naughayde pearl vinyl on the bolsters and velour fabric on the seats. There, all done, in my mind anyway.:rofl2: