New Year's update Update 2015.01.05 I have made some progress recently... I pulled the intake manifold and the valley pan; everything looked very good. No stuck valves, all lifters looked clean and appeared to move smoothly, but I could only get about 90 degrees of rotation on the crank before it came to a hard stop. I used a borescope to look into the cylinders, but I could not get a good look at the combustion chambers and cylinder walls. I figured I had to tear it down further anyway, so I pulled the heads. The obstruction was rust in the #8 cylinder. A few minutes with some Marvel Mystery Oil and a soft wire brush and the engine was spinning smoothly. Next step is to get it to a professional for cleaning/magnaflux and re-fresh. It doesn't look like it needs to be bored, but I won't know for certain until it's cleaned and measured. Picked up a parts car just before Christmas. It has a lot of stuff that I need, and some stuff I wanted. It had a split folding rear seat; the only one I've ever seen; pretty cool! Started cleaning and prepping the grille inserts. I haven't decided if I can live with the original chrome or if they need to be re-plated. There is a little bit of pitting and some "desert sand-blast" spots on the faces of the grille diamonds. Hubcaps off the parts car look very nice when they're cleaned up. Still need some TLC/polishing, but I'm going to be able to use them. I took the opportunity to try out my recently-acquired ultrasonic cleaner. Here's the carb as it was being disassembled: Into the tank: After 25 minutes in hot water & Pine Sol: On the third batch of parts, the cleaning solution was less effective, but I'm very happy with how it worked. The internal passages are clear and I only need to do a little "touch-up" where the varnish was thickest in the bottom of the float bowls. More soon!