Car pranks

Discussion in 'General Station Wagon Discussions' started by ross, Mar 8, 2013.

1. ross

ross Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    I'm reminded of one of many commited by moi;
    Around 1979 or '80 as gas prices were broaching the dollar barrier a co-worker went out and bought himself a diesel Volkswagon Rabbit. I was driving a monster Buick and filling the 24 gallon tank twice a week or more, we were outside salesman and drove a lot. Well, Mike, the Rabbit owner began regaling us with what excellent fuel economy his rattling little bunny was getting. After a while, Lou, another salesman and myself were sick of hearing it and decided to have some fun. All we needed was a two gallon can and a length of hose.
    We began by purchasing two gallons of diesel and adding them to the Rabbit's tank. The next fuel economy report got a bit prouder and louder, "See, it gets even better as it breaks in". We just nodded. I think we added fuel like this twice.
    As you might guess the next step was to siphon out a bit of fuel and wait for the reports. Mike was puzzled but didn't seem too concerned. Again we added the fuel back and his mileage shot back up. By now we were having a hard time stifiling laughter whenever the subject came up.
    Once again siphoning fuel with predictable results, Mike was now quite confused. Later we added the fuel back. This went on for a while until we couldn't keep a straight face any longer and were finally busted.

So, what stories do you boys have?

2. Fat Tedy

Fat Tedy Island Red Neck

Thats hilrarious:rofl2:

Yeah, I remember when gas was cheap...no funny story but I guess it would have been apx 94-96 I drove long up island every day, don't have a clue about the distance but a round trip with gas prices as they were at the time cost me $15-20 a day driving a 80 Colony with a 351, that i remember...every day $15-20 as fuil cost rose. I remember everyone telling me to buy a new car because of my fuil cost.....yet nobody other than my dad understood that the cost of my fuil was cheaper than the monthy payment I would have had, and insurance cost on top of that even for back then.

3. OldFox

OldFox Curmudgeon

I had a customer who lived in an apt. complex. Each apt. had a reserved parking place. There were a couple of hotties living in the same building and one had a boyfriend who kept parking in this fellow's spot. He left several notes on the windshield telling the guy to park in the guest lot, to no avail. Finally, he caught the guy and had words with him. The guy told him to F-off.

The next time he caught the car parked in his spot, he popped open the hood and dumped a box of Uncle Ben's rice into the radiator. Needless to say, he never saw the guy or his car again.

4. OldFox

OldFox Curmudgeon

If you're really an old hotrodder, you must know how to charge up a condensor and hand it to the FNG at work.

You do remember condensors, don't you?

Or if you're even older, you must remember hooking a Model A coil to the seat springs.

5. Jim 68cuda

Jim 68cuda Well-Known Member

How about this one. It was back in the early 80's, and I was just out of college and was of course a Mopar freak even then.
    I happened across a fairly clean survivor 66 Coronet 500 2 door hardtop for $650. I had seen it sitting in someone's front yard with a "For Sale" sign on it.
    I couldn't wait to tell my buddy, Van, about it. But, before I could, my dear sweet mother asked, "Why tell him?". Within a few minutes, she had devised an evil plan I wish i could take credit for myself.
    Heres how it played out:
    I was going to visit Van anyway, but said nothing and drove my Coronet to his townhouse. There was never any visitor parking anywhere close to his townhouse. This fit perfectly into my plan. I parked the car on a residential street a block away, and put the "For Sale" sign back in the window. After visiting Van for a while, I mentioned seeing the car with a "For Sale" sign in the window and asked if he knew anything about it. He said he hadn't seen the car and knew nothing, but thought it was worth a walk over to check it out.
    We walked around the car, pointing out a little rust here and a door ding there. We discussed what we thought the car was worth. Van had no way of knowing I had the key in my hand. Then, I announced, "Oh look, its unlocked, as I opened the driver's door. The reaction was predictable," Jim! What the **** are you doing? This is someone's car!". Then, as I sat down in the driver's seat, the urgency in his voice became a bit more pronounced, "Get out of the car! This is someone's car! They live here, and they're home! The lights are on in the house!"
    Calmly, I responded, "Van, they have the car for sale, and they left it unlocked. They expect people to look at it."
    Van, looking somewhat upset, was just saying, "You're on your own. I'm going home!", when I held up the key and said, "Hey look! The key was on the console." As I started the engine, Van started running for home. I caught up to him halfway down the block and rolled down the window. Finally he caught on and asked, "Did you buy this car?"

6. Fat Tedy

Fat Tedy Island Red Neck

Oh Crap....I forgot about this.....and I did it a few times:yup: Part of my job was to have keys in my posection 24/7 for all the companys Ford 550's. The trucks were not to be used for personal driving etc....but there were exceptions in a non-knowing way, on our small island. No body other than my boss knew I had keys, several of the trucks just got driven home at nite by the guy who drove them.....company rule, no use of trucks for private matters. This one guy who was ishued a truck did not have a car of his own, young wife, 2 small kids and early Saterday mornings I some times spotted the truck parked at the local shopping mall, and seing him and the kids....hey, there just shoping for food. Well:rofl2:..... the few times I saw the truck and them, but they didn't se me......I jumped in the big F-550 and moved it to the other side of the parking lot:yup::evilsmile: I think it was spread out over a few months but time # 5 or 6 he busted me in the parking lot:rofl2:..... It was one of those... he was a straight up honest guy shopping with his kids every time so I said nothing (not like it was a bar drunk truck rescue)...for exchange of....don't tell I have keys to these trucks:)

7. ross

ross Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    shocking!
    A buddy's dad who served in WWII swore that there was a fellow in his group that would, on a bet, hold a spark plug wire from a running Jeep in his hand and complete the circuit by holding his knob near the fender.

8. Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Spring of 1968. Age of the muscle car. Funny thing though, not every high school kid could afford, or even be allowed to buy a high-performance vehicle. Soooooo....... you saw a strange assortment of vehicles being driven around. Heck, I just got my license, but wouldn't have my own vehicle until I got out of high school. There was this somewhat geeky kid - even geekier than me. He had a Nash Metropolitan. It was a nice-looking Nash Metropolitan, but it was still a...........Nash Metropolitan.

I was taking auto shop with the guy. I knew more about cars than he did, which back then wasn't saying much. He, of course, bragged all the time about what a great vehicle the Metropolitan was. All I thought was that it wasn't a very good vehicle to go crusin' with all your buddies in. (I don't think he had many 'buddies', anyway.)

This guy just happened to live not too far from me, so I saw him driving home occasionally while I was walking. Well, he's driving, I'm walking - maybe I did get a bit jealous. So one day, towards the end of class, when he wasn't looking, I disconnected one of his spark plug wires. Saw him later attempt to drive up the short hill that was on my way home. Yup - he didn't make it. I don't think I ever told him about what I did.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2013
  9. Olds Weighty Eight

Olds Weighty Eight New Member

Wagon Garage:
    In the mid-80s a few of my buddies and I went over to this house in the subdivision that had two Mini Coopers and turned them sideways in the driveway. We actually did this two or three times.

10. OldFox

OldFox Curmudgeon

We pretty much did the same thing, except we picked up one of our teacher's VW beetle, carried it up her stairs on to the porch, and turned it sideways in front of the door.

11. ModelT1

ModelT1 Still Lost in the 50's

Wagon Garage:
    Speaking of getting carried away------- I was the young kid fresh out of high school at a large factory. As old factories go, the lunch room was up wrought iron stairs on the second floor. But second floor at the factory was like at least three or more stories up and with several stops and turns.
    I rode a 150 Honda bike to work. One day I went up to eat with all the factory employees and there sat my Honda bike. No way could I get it down from there and I was upset. At shift change my Honda bike was sitting right where I'd always parked it.
    Second adventure. I had a 1957 VW Beetle. They turned it sideways between other cars so I couldn't move it. Later found out it was only because the union guys liked this young office kid.
    I just wished they didn't like me so well!:rofl2:
    As for me, I never pulled pranks. "I was a good boy!"

12. DocZombie

DocZombie Village Crazy

AHHH!! Nothing beats the classics!

ok.. my evil prank:
    I had a neighbor who was an old military arms gun nut and collector. He had a neighbor that had a jackass teenager kid that was always parking his car partially blocking the driveway of my gun nut friend. He was an oddly non confrontational sort. I told him that he needed to talk to the brat about his erroneous ways. He wouldn't ; he cringed at the thought of it and put up with it. SO, I went and told the little zipperhead that he needs to park correctly. The kid says up mine. I tell him that he needs to rethink things or bad things will happen to him.
    He laughs at me. That is not a good thing to do.
    He parks like that again and blocks ME in the driveway. I had had enough.
    I got a pot of cosmoline that my buddy had and wriggled under the kids car and really slathered his exhaust pipes starting about halfway back with this goopy grease. It would take a little driving to heat it up enough that far back.
    He left a little while later and me and my buddy left shortly after to follow him. About 10 minutes later that car was smoking so bad the cops pulled him over and then the fire trucks showed up. It was great! The cosmoline burned off completely after a while but GOD it stank! inside and out.

Another good one:
    About a pound of green wet glass clippings
    add one cup of buttermilk and one egg
    put in a black garbage bage and let sit in the sun for about a week massaging and turning about twice a day and build up a good rot.
    Hold bag with one corner down and drain out the accumulated fluid
    Take said fluid ( which will smell worse than a rotting dead animal) and spooch it onto the upholstery or carpet of a car.
    The smell CANNOT be gotten out and is stunningly BAD!

wait till the windows are down or the doors open and take a teaspoon of glitter and put it down into the dash air vents. I leave the rest to your imagination...

Yeah.... I got an evil bone.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2013
  13. mugzilla

mugzilla B F H er

Wagon Garage:
    Tie a can to a front bumper so when they drive off the can bounces around the trans area.

14. ModelT1

ModelT1 Still Lost in the 50's

Wagon Garage:
    I really live in Ohio and that is not a picture of my station wagon. :whew:

15. fannie

fannie Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:

When we were kids mom had taken us camping. We had made aquaintance with a family across from our site. Seemed like a great bunch, us kids played, swam and played hide and seek well into the evening. The adults sat around chatting and laughing, teasing mom about her yellow Austin with the green racing stripe that we had all piled out of.
    After a fun day we all hit the hay. In the morning we got up to find mom's car side ways in the little diveway.:rofl2:After that everytime we got up in the morning the car would be in a different place...she wasn't amused!:mad:

On another occasion. mom was driving a pretty, white 1962 chev Impala. It was winter and she had taken us out for a Sunday drive. She was trying to turn around on this back road, miss judged and back into the ditch. We were hopelessly stuck. The first car that came along said they would go to the service station and get the tow truck to come back for us. While we were waiting along came this rather beatup, dirty, noisy car. Out of it climbs, what appeared to me to be Vikings. Mom tried to tell them that a tow truck was on it's way, but they would have none of that, single mom having to pay for a tow truck, no way! They grabbed a hold of the car, one on each corner and just picked it right out of the ditched. I was so afraid I kept asking mom to make them stop, make them go away, I was so afraid. But she couldn't stop them. They just picked it up, put it down, got in their car laughing and drove off. :49: