1973 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Auctions, Craigs List and Other Stat' started by jwdtenn, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Old school, you could probably use a bit more tact in the way you phrased your posts. Forum posting is not the same as conversation. The reader doesn't have any voice inflection or voice tone to go by, not to mention any visual cues that you would have in a person-to-person conversation. Not saying you are like this, but your 'money' comment came off as a bit forward.

Marshall

2. jwdtenn

jwdtenn Well-Known Member

Gracias, Marshall.

My mom always told me that "manners tell." :yup:

"Thank you" and "please" don't cost a thing.

Let's be nice to one another and make life more pleasant. :thumbs2:

De nada.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2014
  3. azblackhemi

azblackhemi Well-Known Member

Just West of Phoenix Arizona. In the Desert.
    Very diplomatic Marshall!

4. patrick80

patrick80 Wagonista!

Wagon Garage:
    Tact is an art and a skill that is seldom taught or used these days. OS780, listen and learn. There is a LOT of knowledge on this board that you could learn well from.

My position on the question of sales price is simple. If I'm the buyer and someone asks "What'cha pay for it?", the straight answer is "None of your damn business!". But, if I'm asked nicely and I feel like divulging that info, it's "I got it for a fair price!" or I might even tell what I paid for something. If I'm the seller and someone asks "What did you get for it?", my answer is pretty much the same. Or, I'll say "Ask the guy who bought it!"

It's like the gas question...you get some snarky jackwagon asking "What kinda mileage does that boat get?" (referring to the Ford) and I'll answer "Are you offering to buy a tank of gas for me?"; "Are you the person buying the gas for this?", or "Does it matter?"; which shuts them down, most of the time. Usually a self-righteous driver of a Prius or some other "eco-friendly" POS that asks, BTW.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2014