wagonmaster

1973 Corvette Ecklen Station Wagon kit

1973 Corvette   Ecklen Station Wagon kit
wagonmaster, Dec 13, 2007
    • Taranau
      Interesting custom.Especially when you consider the fact that,the first Corvette concept car was a little wagon called the Nomad...Once saw a four-door corvette,at a car show.This was in the early eighties and it was of this generation.They were calling it the Corvette Stretch-limo.It was sitting next to a Honda Prelude stretch-limo.:confused:
    • Bowser1989
      Ive seen this look on a firebird or transam and a early mustang different at the least but still pretty cool!
    • Bowser1989
      ok lol just went through this whole gallery and those i mentioned are in here so um i look dumb lolz
    • kayakjax
      There used to be one of these running around Owensboro, Ky. in the late '70's or early '80's.

I first saw it on a used car lot that specialized in Corvettes and collector cars.

It drove around town occasionally. It was always well kept, so it may still be tucked away in a garage in Owensboro.
    • ModelT1
      --About that same time I remember a few of these Vette station wagon conversions in Pekin-Peoria, Illinois area. The first real Corvette came out in 1953. The 1955 Corvette Nomad wagon was a concept car that was going to be the Bel Aire version with sliding rear top section called the Corvette Nomad. But time and money were against GM so they simply used stock 1955 Chevy nose on all wagons. They did at least make phoney ridges to mimmick the sliding roof on the final Nomad and create a sloped tail, hardtop look, and slanted side window posts.:29:
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Concept/Custom/Miscellaneous Station Wagons
    Uploaded By:
    wagonmaster
    Date:
    Dec 13, 2007
    View Count:
    Comment Count: