1970 Buick Riviera Nice!

Discussion in 'Car & Truck Talk' started by DBdually, Mar 29, 2018.

  1. DBdually

    DBdually Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Aug 28, 2011
    Messages:
    170
    Likes Received:
    38
    Trophy Points:
    45
    Wagon Garage:
    1
    Location:
    Montpelier, Va (Richmond)
  2. Poison_Ivy

    Poison_Ivy Dogzilla Fan

    Joined:
    May 20, 2017
    Messages:
    11,094
    Likes Received:
    3,485
    Trophy Points:
    706
    Wagon Garage:
    1
    Location:
    Feeding effigy ice cream to Dogzilla
    It's cracked which is a good enough reason to replace it with a decent one
     
  3. KevinVarnes

    KevinVarnes Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2010
    Messages:
    3,371
    Likes Received:
    407
    Trophy Points:
    210
    Wagon Garage:
    1
    Location:
    Grand Rapids, MI
    I could live with the steering wheel. Those wide whitewalls not so much.
     
  4. cammerjeff

    cammerjeff Longroofs Rule!

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2008
    Messages:
    5,223
    Likes Received:
    947
    Trophy Points:
    427
    Location:
    Belleville, MI
    I agree on the White walls, just not my thing. Base Buick steering wheels were never good looking IMO, the sport wheels are very nice though.
    It looks to be a solid car, but showing its age & mileage, the asking price is high for its current condition. If it had 30,000 miles less & didn't need a complete paint job & some interior work, door panels, carpeting & steering wheel. I would say it was cheap. But the car needs $10,000 to $20,000 worth of work to bring it up to snuff.
    And if you just plan to drive it as is its way over priced as I suspect at 86,000 miles the engine and or transmission will need work. And even though it has had the timing chain replaced, Buick engines of that Mileage are notorious oil leakers.

    It could be a very nice cruiser though.
     
  5. Fat Tedy

    Fat Tedy Island Red Neck

    Joined:
    Apr 9, 2009
    Messages:
    18,099
    Likes Received:
    1,096
    Trophy Points:
    1,108
    Location:
    Victoria BC Canada
    And nobody mentions the fugly boring bench seat, lack of buckets/console..................


    I'd still drive it, as is!
     
  6. Silvertwinkiehobo

    Silvertwinkiehobo "Everything that breaks starts with 'F.'"

    Joined:
    Apr 21, 2014
    Messages:
    14,984
    Likes Received:
    2,995
    Trophy Points:
    720
    Location:
    New Braunfels, TX
    On the older big boats, I like the wide whitewalls. The funky styling is unusual for Buick at that time, but it certainly would be a car I'd drive.
     
  7. Poison_Ivy

    Poison_Ivy Dogzilla Fan

    Joined:
    May 20, 2017
    Messages:
    11,094
    Likes Received:
    3,485
    Trophy Points:
    706
    Wagon Garage:
    1
    Location:
    Feeding effigy ice cream to Dogzilla
    The steering wheel wouldn't look so bad, had it been colored black. Did they even offer optional sport interiors, on those. It seems that all of the muscle stuff died down with the horsepower loss
     

Share This Page