yet another Kingswood estate - 1969

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Auctions, Craigs List and Other Stat' started by kaptinkafeen, Jan 1, 2015.

1. kaptinkafeen

kaptinkafeen New Member

Ebay LINK

At first I thought this was a double post to the "other" '69 listed on ebay and brought to light here at SWF. But this one has no hidden lights or wheel covers.

Ironic that the two wagons appear to be the same colour and both come out of the same region of the States.
    One is claimed to be a 427 while the other is a 396 car. Both do not have power plants...
    I like them both - too bad they are so so far away...

Just to keep posts contained here is the LINK to the 427 car - now listed independently of the other cars the seller was originally combining in the auction, with I will add, a BIN price similar to the craigslist price.
    -A
    p.s. has anyone here on SWF taken a look at either car, or spoken to the seller(s)?

Last edited: Jan 1, 2015
  2. Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    'Hidden lights' wagon is in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
    Non hidden lights wagon is in Spokane, Washington.

Those two towns are only 33 miles apart. Seems a bit suspicious to me....

3. jwdtenn

jwdtenn Well-Known Member

Here's the one in WA with rust under the rear window and a turned back corner of the rear bumper. Note also the dent in the chrome trim under the left taillight.

[​IMG]

They are awfully close in appearance, but I think maybe not the same cars. Here's the left side of the hidden headlight wagon in Idaho. Note the rear window is clean and there is a scrape in the wood grain on the rear quarter.
    (It occurs to me now that the explanation may be that they are the same car with one set of pics considerably older than the other - the rustier, dented version being the wagon in its current condition if it has been sitting out.)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 1, 2015
  4. jwdtenn

I keep going back and forth on this - the same are not? I guess as close as they are geographically and in appearance, they likely are the same car.

Thoughts? :pub:

5. kaptinkafeen

kaptinkafeen New Member

At first I thought you were on to something...some great observations, but I do believe they are two different cars.
    Too bad the seller of the hidden lights car didn't include the VIN ... we could have compared as the "other" car has its VIN listed.
    I took a few more looks, (and too bad the non-hidden light car photo are so dark), but there are enough differences between the two that in my opinion they aren't the same car.
    -A

6. Professor

Professor Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    The luggage racks on the cars are different. I don't think they are the same.

7. kaptinkafeen

kaptinkafeen New Member

That was one of the first things I noticed and wouldn't be affected by bumps, scrapes, rust etc as much as body panels.

Crazy how we have two very similar wagons, so close together.
    It's hard to compare the value of two cars with the limited info presented, (options, and overall condition)

The hidden light car, does have the hidden lights ($$) and is claimed to be a 427 car, while the other has the 396, an no hidden lights. So "theoretically" I can only guess that the 427 car is more desirable??

Can someone please clarify for me - I thought all the Estates came standard with a BBC while lower trimmed '69 wagons came with sbc or the bbc.
    -A

8. jwdtenn

Further evidence to support that they are different wagons - the hidden headlight one is said to be a non-a/c car, but the other one clearly originally had a/c controls. Still, highly unusual to find such similar 45-year-old cars so close together and so similar in appearance.

[​IMG]

9. jwdtenn

Another difference - lack of speaker vent on the right rear interior rear compartment on the non-hidden headlight wagon.

[​IMG]

versus

[​IMG]