Wrong wiring ?

Discussion in 'General Automotive Tech' started by french handyman 53, Oct 11, 2009.

1. french handyman 53

french handyman 53 New Member

arri_re_du_t.b.1.jpg I just received a fuel gauge reducer for my 53 Chevy Handyman and red on the notice the wiring: Before removing the dashboard harness,I took pictures to avoid mistakes in later times.It seems that the pink, wire (flasher power) is on the wrong side of the fuel receiver,what do you think about ?

Last edited: Oct 11, 2009
  2. Cruisinthe34

Cruisinthe34 New Member

Wagon Garage:
    Was the '53 originally Postive ground or Negative ground? I know my '41 Ford was originally 6 volt positive ground until I converted it.

3. french handyman 53

french handyman 53 New Member

Hi ! Thank you for your help ! 53' chevy has 6v negative ground, I think that the notice with the fuel gauge voltage reducer is correct.Before I took off the harness,the pink wire with fuse was not plugged and the fuse was burned.That can indicate that someone worked on the car with no real knowledge in electricity.The power after contact goes on the right side instead of the left side (comparing to my picture) of the gauge :this is logical,the sender wire is on the left.