Wheel balancer

Discussion in 'General Automotive Tech' started by Grizz, Nov 18, 2017.

1. Poison_Ivy

Poison_Ivy Dogzilla Fan

Wagon Garage:
    Back then, you could have all that, simply by working at a corner gas station. The economy was fair, that way. Nowadays, both spouses have to work multiple shifts, each, to obtain a similar standard of living. This time around, though, having to settle for Made in China, instead of Made Properly.
    Cock'sman was likely the fitting description. If the description would have been C...hound, instead, he'd have been successfull at reaching the objective deserving such a title and would either have had jealous husbands show up or have those female customers he supposedly conquered showing up at the station trying to hook up, through making a nuissance of themselves there, to get a piece of his action. He'd have to at least know what he was doing in the sack, as a poor man. So, there you go. Nobody showed up. Ha!
    What your boss did, during those several hours was either sit in a bar or visiting some Glory Hole. If male fantasies were to come true, there would be plenty more venereal disease spread than what has been accounted for. Bosses often try Bee Essing their "Pee-Ons" (using their description), in order to try making them feel inferior

ModelT1 likes this.
  2. ModelT1

ModelT1 Still Lost in the 50's

Wagon Garage:
    And yet the boss retired with his own motel to watch over! Seems like he kept tires, a wife, and customers in balance!

Grizz and Poison_Ivy like this.
  3. Poison_Ivy

Poison_Ivy Dogzilla Fan

Wagon Garage:
    He only kept the wife, because nobody else would have him, Sir

4. ross

ross Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    A comprehensive diagnosis there Dr. Freud.

5. ross

ross Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    I remember these, it was done on the car balancing the entire rotating mass. The downside being that if the wheel was relocated you would be off.
    I had a set of the infamous Firestone 721 radial tires that couldn't seem to be balanced. The shop finally resorted to using this type machine. The fellow that did the work was the old timer of the shop. I recall he spent a great deal of time fiddling with three rings in the center, stopping their rotation with his fingers. I don't recall if this was successful or not. C'est la vie.

6. Poison_Ivy

Poison_Ivy Dogzilla Fan

Wagon Garage:
    Old Fox, seems like you've just been outted, Sir

7. OldFox

OldFox Curmudgeon

Seems to me that you have a reading comprehension problem, Ma'am

Poison_Ivy likes this.
  8. Poison_Ivy

Poison_Ivy Dogzilla Fan

Wagon Garage:
    Dr. Freud gave the task over to Dr. Ruth[​IMG]
    The owner could have simply marked each balanced wheel as to how it was mounted. The advantage of on-the-car wheel balancing was that lateral irregularities, whether from production line sloppiness or damage caused within service life, were figured in. Evidently, the minimal centrifugal mass of brake drums and axle flanges would not have made a difference, at the turnpike speed limits set, since online balancing never simulated extreme velocities reaching into some rediculous 200 mph

9. Grizz

Grizz Are we there yet???

Wagon Garage:
    Anybody ever heard of or used a Derrick weaver machine? Yes I’m still searching for a balancer.

10. ross

ross Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    FWIW
    I bought used tire machine and a balancer a while back. They took(past tense)up WAAY too much space for me to justify owning either.
    My two post lift is from Derek Weaver, apparently it's a private label Rotary Revolution. I am happy with it OTHER than some shipping damage, mostly cosmetic, from piss poor packaging. DW replaced the damaged parts without question, I let the scrapes and such slide. Would have been nice to have a new lift that looks new.