What have you done to your wagon lately? (Let's keep the thread going!)

Discussion in 'General Station Wagon Discussions' started by Dogbone, Jul 25, 2011.

1. jmt455

jmt455 Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Thanks, Fat Tedy!

I'm liking this car more every day.

Also found a pair of blue cloth buckets at the JY yesterday.
    If they fit, I'll be posting more pix by the end of the week.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2011
  2. lowlow37

lowlow37 Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Yesterday i put a set of DLS 6" midwoofers in the front doors, together with some new vinyl.. And when the door was opened, i put in the last motor for the remote lock/alarm.. In my old hometown i´d never lock the car, but as i moved into a bigger city, i think its convenient with the remote...

3. jmt455

jmt455 Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    "New" seats for Bonneville wagon

I found a set of blue cloth buckets in a 2002 Bonneville at the local JY on Monday.

I finally got time to test-fit them today.
    The driver's seat is a little too far outboard; it is rubbing against the "B" pillar trim. BUT, I'm gonna use them.

The cloth is so close to matching the original material that you have to look very closely to see the difference.

I was concerned that the smoother, more "organic" style of the newer Bonneville seat would look bad in the car, but I like the way these look and feel.

New driver's seat next to original passenger seat:
    [​IMG]

Both seats in position:
    [​IMG]

View from driver's side rear door:
    [​IMG]

And I still have room for a console!:banana:
    [​IMG]

I still need to install all the seat adjuster covers, the seat belt anchor covers and finish the jumper for the power seat feed.

And I need to repair a small burn in the driver's seat cover, but that's a lot cheaper than all new trim covers!:yup:

4. Cyber-Wizard

Cyber-Wizard Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Those seats look fantastic! Good score! :yup: Gets me to thinking that a set of those might even look good in my Roadmaster (if I ever get it back from the body shop :rolleyes:)

5. jmt455

jmt455 Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    I think they will bolt into a B body without any modifications.....

6. Cyber-Wizard

Cyber-Wizard Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Thanks for the tip! I was wondering what modifications I would have to do. I'm rebuilding my seat frames and power rails now but I won't be too offended to throw a set of those in there instead. I'll add these to my JY search list. Finding a set would let me hunt for a Bravada console too. :)

7. jmt455

jmt455 Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    I think a Bonneville console might work, too.

I would have taken the console out of this Bonneville, but the storage bin was messed up and the latch was broken.

8. Fat Tedy

Fat Tedy Island Red Neck

I think they look great in there, been there done that, nothing like making improvments:2_thumbs_up_-_anima

Ya Think?:biglaugh:

GO GET the console, even if it has a broken this or that......... wait to long, you'll go back and some loser will have damaged it even more, or the whole car will be gone for srap:yup:

:tiphat:

9. jmt455

jmt455 Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Fat Tedy; Guess I was wrong.:slap:
    After seeing your comment, I went looking for Bonneville seat installation instructions.
    Found this one:
    Start here: http://lifeofreily.org/
    Click on "My Mods" on the left, then on "Bonneville Seats" at the bottom of the Mods summary, then click on "Installing 6 way seats" to see how you would put these into a B body.

And this is for the 12-way SSEi seats:http://www.oocities.org/~reily/12wayinstall.html

10. HandyAndy

HandyAndy Well-Known Member

Swapped in a new transmission mount today.
    And finally did a little tuning and testing, and got my baby idling nicely now. :yup:

11. Safari57

Safari57 Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Why, I had a certain 1964 Ford Country Squire wagon (as seen recently on Rev's thread with Shasta in tow) in my garage today while the owner tackled an exhaust manifold leak. Some time with a file in hand dealing with two cylinder head ports and voila, done deal.

He's a real good guy. Loves his wagon, and he should. It is a real beauty. And he takes very good care of it. Its primary purpose in life is to transport he and his young family to vintage trailer camp outs with the Shasta tucked in nicely behind.

I mentioned his wagon showed up here on the forum and I suspect he will be on here soon to have a look. He was surprised and I think a bit impressed that someone, and in particular Rev, thought enough about his wagon to actually take and post a picture.

In my view, it is one of the nicest I've seen in many years. And his work today fixed an annoying exhaust tick that wasn't going to go away. Initially he thought he might have to remove the heads (big ugly job) to have them planed, but having done the repairs on my '57 Safari with the 455 way back I suggested he try that first, and helped out from time to time. But he did all the ugly work, and was a happy young man when he headed for home.

So I didn't really do the work :whew:, but I did help, and provided the place, the hoist, the tools, and some knowledge gained over the too many years under my prodigious belt. So I feel like I did something today that was wagon related, besides drive mine, of course. Gads I love my wagon.

12. surferbob

surferbob New Member

hi,surfer bob here in cheyenne,wyoming.here is the latest on my 63 merc meteor wagon:pulled motor to just replace cam,lifters and intake/carb.however,after disassembling the 260,i also had to replace heads,block had to be bored .030 over which meant i now needed new pistons,rings,also installed new crank and kit.meanwhile back in my bodyshop,i repaired roof dents(which was only body work needed at the time.repainted it a gm bright white with house of kolor white ice pearl,which looks like white metalflake,also installed a t-bolt teardrop scoop on the hood.looked real good until 3 weeks ago when cheyenne was hit by a bad hail storm.the hood recieved the only damage but also left cracks around where scoop was bonded,have that repaired and reprimed.motor still out of car but getting close only need pushrods and rockers,also need to find a pair of hp headers.well thank GOD thats about all i got on my upgrade,oh yeah ordered wood panelling for sides hope to send pics soon take care you all,cowabunga surfer bob

13. 59 wagon man

59 wagon man Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    just to keep it going how bout driving the heck out of it . last night we left hollywood drove up to orlando. this morning left for plains ga and now were about 50 miles from atlanta

14. Fat Tedy

Fat Tedy Island Red Neck

just to keep it going how bout driving...... to the airport with the dogs of course to pick up my daughter. Got alot of smiles, but I think it was for the dogs:biglaugh:. Did a slow drive by the arival gate and thought they would push the door open there heads and upper body was out so far. No kid waiting so we payed and parked, went to just the other side of the road from the arival gate and the boys made alot of new friends while we waited for my daugter. On the way home I realized I was below "E" on gas:slap:, turned rite for the gas station by my work and my boys were fed dog treats by the staff as I was filling up.(y)

Last edited: Aug 6, 2011
  15. CapriceEstate

CapriceEstate Yacht Captain

Wagon Garage:
    I drive mine every day (that it doesn't snow) and I get smiles and waves everywhere I go. I think the wagon is getting more famous than me (even though most people think she's an LTD)

I passed another 1990 or so Colony Park on Highway 16 a couple weeks ago. We were both waving like hell! How often do you see another one coming at ya?!