Went and looked at this sad 93 Caprice today

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Auctions, Craigs List and Other Stat' started by 81X11, May 9, 2012.

1. 81X11

81X11 Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Posting here: http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/2981616933.html Pics below.

Drove down and looked this car over about an hour ago, and took the pics below.

This car is actually a '93 model. I was hoping it was an LT1 car. Also, the car came out of Missouri and has rust on one lower rear 1/4 panel. The rest of the body is solid, and the underside is ok. Don't know how long it lived up north before coming to Texas.

So here's what you got, it's got a good-running 5.7 TPI engine and while I didn't drive it he swears it shifts fine. A/C still works, and car still drives.

The inside is dirty but not torn up, even dash is not cracked. Air bag did not blow. Loaded car, power seats on both sides, door panel pull straps, paint is ok, had all the wire wheel hubcaps....in the back cargo area.

I don't believe the wreck hit the frame, bumper is ok, high hit, but it would need a front clip, a radiator support, and so on.

It is what it is. Hate to see a Longroof get junked. The car belonged to the seller's father-in-law, and it does not look to have been abused.

The seller is very motivated. I think he'd be open to most offers, especially since I pointed out it's not an LT1 car. He's not a car guy, and a friend had told him it was an LT1...something special. Now that he knows it's not an LT1 he just wants it gone and needs funds.

Hope someone saves it! See pics below.

-Mike

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 9, 2012