Talk about weird

Discussion in 'Station Wagons in the Movies and other Media' started by OrthmannJ, Oct 13, 2013.

1. OrthmannJ

OrthmannJ Always looking for old ford crew cabs

So I was cruising the old inter-web for images of 1964 Plymouth Station wagons and I come across the IMCD page (internet Movie Database) and there is a still from a movie, I believe "The French Connection" and it shows a 1964 Plymouth Wagon. The posts argue what year and model it is, and the very last one says "It's a 64 Plymouth Fury" and they post a pic of my car, sitting in my driveway as reference.

http://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_98804-Plymouth-Fury-1964.html

a_tail_of_fury_original.jpg

Spooky. Kinda cool, but still spooky.

2. Hanswurst von Plumpskloh

Hanswurst von Plumpskloh Prisoner of Foo

If they were to do that in Germany, you'd have a right to sue for invasion of privacy, if they didn't pixel out your house adress number and license plate

3. ModelT1

ModelT1 Still Lost in the 50's

Wagon Garage:
    As someone once said "life is stranger than fiction.":slap:

4. Fullsizelover

Fullsizelover Active Member

Wagon Garage:
    Indeed pretty weird but kinda cool to see your car. I could tell you another one: I sold my 96 Impala 2 months ago on a Saturday. That same evening we had boys night out so we had dinner, then went to a full packed cinema to watch Pacific Rim. So there I wanted to use the restroom before the movie started, and just before I opened the door, the same guy who bought my car 6 hours earlier walks out, talk about deja vu. :eek:

5. ModelT1

Wagon Garage:
    We've gone to places on vacations we've never been before and meet others we knew many times accidentally.
    One of the most unusal was when I bought a jon boat and we went from home in central Illinois to Clear Lake, Iowa fishing and camping. We were mad at my brother---again, and didn't tell him and his wife where we were vacationing or I'd bought a boat.
    We were out on the lake fishing, a truck pulled up and they waved and hollered. They recognized my red Ford truck. Neither had been to that lake before and didn't know about the other going there to fish.
    Same happened with coworkers while camped other places. That's why I never do anything wrong!:evilsmile:

6. Jim 68cuda

Jim 68cuda Well-Known Member

That kind of stuff happens all the time to people I know. I had a few friends back in the 80's, who were from Wisconsin, but lived in the Washington, DC area near me. The group of friends from Wisconsin kept expanding as it seemed that whenever we went anywhere, they would run into someone they knew from Wisconsin. We stopped at a gas station in Leesburg, Virginia, and one friend from Wisconsin would recognize her parents next door neighbors from Wisconsin at the next pump. We went to a concert on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial, and suddenly a young lady that went to college with one of my friends would show up. It happened all the time. My parents were the masters of running into someone they knew in the least likely of places. Once they flew out to the west coast so they could join my aunt and uncle on my uncle's boat for a cruise from Oregon up to the coast of Alaska. They stopped at a small Eskimo fishing village to refuel. If I recall correctly, the village was only accessable by water. While the boat was being fueled, my parents went into a little general store and ran into a preacher they knew who had adopted my dog after my dog killed a neighbor's baby chick (which was the neighbor kid's high school science project). Years later, my mom was on a missionary trip to Russia, happened to take in a concert in Moscow, and ended up sitting behind a U.S. Navy officer who worked with my brother.

7. Hanswurst von Plumpskloh

Hanswurst von Plumpskloh Prisoner of Foo

Try vacationing on the island where this tree stands. It's not likely you'll bump into people you know. Though, the people you meet there should be quite interesting, Sir:

[​IMG]

8. Stormin' Norman

Stormin' Norman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Hey! Only my wife gets to take my picture! How did you get a copy!:rofl2::rofl2:(y):D

9. ModelT1

Wagon Garage:
    That is a weird palm tree.:rofl2::yahoo:

As for meeting people in the strangest places, just remember what our mouse friend said

"It's a small small world isn't it?"

Don't blame me if you're singing this at bed time. :dance:

10. Stormin' Norman

Wagon Garage:
  11. ModelT1

Wagon Garage:
  12. Stormin' Norman

Wagon Garage:
    Just think of all the gas we'd save if we could drive from continent to continent, fast trains, no ocean ships to fuel up. Heck! No borders and passports.

I heard a quick fact report yesterday that the Sun is good for another 5 million years before it dies. Looks like we'll make it through in our lifetime, with a few more sunsets and sunrises.:whew:

13. ModelT1

Wagon Garage:
    At this time it's not the SUN I am worried about. :confused:
    When we can no longer stop at a rest area to pee or stop to take photos along the Blue Ridge Parkway "this land is no longer OUR LAND."
    When retirees are forced to leave campgrounds in Yellowstone it's time to turn off the sun and let Hell freeze over. :cry:

14. fannie

fannie Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    That is weirdcoolish. I had something similar, but not, happen to me. When I first got Fannie I was checking the web for other Beaumont wagons. When I Googled it my wagon popped up..weirdcoolish.