Round Rock Texas Cars and Coffee 9/16/18

Discussion in 'Car Shows and Swap Meets' started by 81X11, Sep 20, 2018.

1. 81X11

81X11 Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    I spy with my little eye...a big white whale!

[​IMG]

Took the Roadmaster Wagon and our brown '82 Camaro Z28 to the Round Rock Texas Cars and Coffee meet this past Sunday morning. Great meet as-always, lots of fun and cool cars!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This month the "theme" was a Burt Reynolds/Bandit tribute, and we'd asked for as many T-top/F-body and 70's cars as possible. RIP BANDIT!

As usual there are over 100-pics in my Public Facebook Album if you want to look:
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10217128815003185&type=3

If you are ever in the Austin Tx area, this meet is the 3rd Sunday every month from 9-ish to noon-ish at Centennial Park off McNeil Rd, in downtown Round Rock. Free, open, come-as-you-are and drive-what-you-will. All Always Welcome!

-Texas Mike

2. Grizz

Grizz Are we there yet???

Wagon Garage:
    Nice shots! Did you get a new drone mike?!

3. 81X11

81X11 Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Nope not my drone, but my friend shared those with me. Sadly I only caught the last 30-mins of the show. My son Eddie drove my Roadmaster, and I was in the '82 Camaro with my younger son Tuck and his friend Sabre. I took them to McDonald's on the way to the meet to pick up breakfast, and when I came out the battery on the Camaro was dead, and I mean REALLY DEAD. I've never had a battery just TOTALLY die like that. It would not even take a jump from the Roadmaster...and I DID let it sit a good while charging but no-go. I ended-up pulling the battery out in the McD's parking lot, and then we all ran to Wal-Mart in the wagon, and they said the battery has "shorted out" (??). Battery was from 2013, so not new, but still..wow. I bought a new battery, went back to McD's and installed it, and the Camaro fired right up and had run fine since. You just NEVER know what will happen with old cars!
    [​IMG]

4. 1tireman

1tireman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Looks like a nice gathering. Thanks for sharing the pictures. I only made it to a few cruise nights this year, couple in my wagon, couple in my '71 Chevelle. My dad and I have been busting our humps on his '64 Chevelle since January and on the '71 for a few months, I'm ready to enjoy them for a little while now. If the rain holds out this weekend I may have to find a cruise night to go to!

5. Doghead

Doghead Well-Known Member

I sent my pet eagle to go fetch one. I forgot to train him to go fetch the controller, though :oops:

[​IMG]

Last year's event was held in Winter. Still groovy, though:

wagoninsane likes this.