Richie Rich and Hollywood Knights

Discussion in 'Station Wagons in the Movies and other Media' started by goatwgn, Dec 8, 2009.

1. goatwgn

goatwgn Member

I havent seen either of these movies in a while either, but the 1994 movie "Richie Rich" had a bronze 1967 Vista Cruiser in it, and the 1980 movie "The Hollywood Knights" had a yellow 1956 Chevrolet Sedan Delivery called"The Pie Wagon", as well as a 65' GTO,a Stingray, a 427 Cobra, a 65' El Camino, a 65' mustang, and old Mopar police car, and numerous Buicks, Corvairs and other old cars in general, as well as a blown 57' Chevy,a 40' Ford street rod, and an old drive inn. This was a very neat car movie, that doesnt seem to be widely known about. Had a very young Fran Dresher and Michelle Pffifer in it, as well as Tony Danza.

2. fordaholic69

fordaholic69 Member

Wagon Garage:
    A little off topic here, but I remember somewhere that Tony Danza actually owned that wicked yellow 57 Chevy that was used in that movie,but I dont know how much truth is to it. Anybody else know if that's true? I've got that movie on VHS and the soundtrack on cassette tape. Remember those? Kenny.

3. Motion

Motion New Member

The 57 Chevy in Hollywood Knights is Project X made famous by Popular Hot Rodding. Danza didn't own the car, but it is rumored he was behind the wheel when the engine let go. If you watch the race scene between him and the Cobra you will see a shot of the 57 from the rear. If you look close you can see where it puked.

4. Wyowagon

Wyowagon New Member

Yeah, The 57 is project X and yes it did lunch the motor during that race. Hollywood Knights is on of my favorate movies.

Tim