"Possible" New Member

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by snooterbuckets, Nov 7, 2011.

1. snooterbuckets

snooterbuckets Well-Known Member

I'm happy to report that we may have a new member here on swf!
    My brother called me first thing this morning to tell me he bought himself a long roof! He saw it in the paper yesterday, (he lives in Easton Maryland), and stopped by to look at it this morning on his way to work and bought it!
    It's a '91 dark blue Crown Vic wagon, (not a Squire so no wood), with dark blue velour interior. It's got the Ford turbine wheels and only 85,000 miles. He purchased it from the original owner who said it was in storage for a few years, hence the low miles. The car has zero rust and from the looks of it, has been extremely well maintained.
    I say "possible" new member because he has since told his wife who is, shall we say, not as excited as he. They do already have more cars than drivers, so I suppose I could see her point, but this one sounds like it was just too good to pass up. The guy was asking $2K for it, but he got it for $1400, which I think was an excellent deal.
    Everybody keep your fingers crossed that my sister in law doesn't put the kibosh on it. Hey Fannie, I should give you her email and you could convince her, woman to woman, how great it would be to have this beautiful Ford in their fleet.

2. wingnut

wingnut Non-Hockey Fan

Of course your brother knows, in order to be a "Gold" member of this forum, to PM me his Visa Card number, experation date, and four diget number on the back ... or does his wife think this a "free" site?? LOL

3. snooterbuckets

snooterbuckets Well-Known Member

Oops, I guess it wasn't the best decision my brother Matt ever made. It caused such an upheaval, he had to call the guy back and tell him he couldn't buy it. The seller was understanding, but what a shame.
    I guess I'll post it under the cars for sale.

4. fannie

fannie Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Sorry...I didn't call her fast enough. :cry: And I had so many things crossed for Matt

[​IMG]

sorry it didn't work out.

5. the Rev

the Rev senior junior Charter Member

Wagon Garage:
    ahhhh....some peoples wives..............;)