Out with the "newer", in with the "older"

Discussion in 'General Station Wagon Discussions' started by n2fordmuscle, Jul 24, 2020.

1. n2fordmuscle

n2fordmuscle Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Hi everyone. Sorry for being a disappearing act. I've gotten to where I mostly "play" on the internet, using my phone (facebook). So, I don't get on forums much anymore.

Some of y'all might have noticed that I was selling my Montego. It's been on FB Marketplace, Ebay, etc. I wasn't selling to get out of the Station Wagon world. I'll always love wagons. I decided that I wanted to pursue the wagon I've always wanted, a '69 or '70 Country Squire. Well, the Montego has been sold. We're waiting on transport to pick it up. And, I pick up my "new" 69 Country Squire in a couple of weeks.

Originally a California car, it has a 429, tilt wheel, and power driver seat. But, no A/C. :( Needs a decent amount of work, but definitely a solid start.

[​IMG]

Grizz, elB, 60Mercman and 2 others like this.
  2. OrthmannJ

OrthmannJ Always looking for old ford crew cabs

Thanks for checking back in. Sounds like you have made a solid decision. The Montego was a nice car, so I'm sure this one will be done up to the same standard. Don't be a stranger and keep us updated on the saga of your "new" station wagon.

101Volts and Doghead like this.
  3. ctrysquire

ctrysquire Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    My monitor isn't 100% trustworthy on colors. Is this white or light yellow? It appears to be white with a brown interior. That makes it almost a '69 version of a '70 I owned 30 years ago -- white over brown, 429 2V, 6-passenger, no power seat or tilt, but it did have AC (didn't work). It was pretty quick and I loved it. Unfortunately, it was totaled outside Middleburg, VA. I finally got another '70 CS 14 years later.

4. 60Mercman

60Mercman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    My guess would be that it’s new lime, the ‘69 version of The ‘70 color morning Ivy. That creamyish tan. Our ‘70 Colony Park was that combination as well. Really loved the saddle interior. I have a ‘71 in that Ivy with the green interior. Like the saddle better. Do you have a vin/trim tag picture. Can definitely give you the color off of that?

101Volts likes this.
  5. n2fordmuscle

n2fordmuscle Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    It's white with a red interior.

60Mercman and 101Volts like this.
  6. 60Mercman

60Mercman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Don’t think it’s your monitor. The interior sure looked saddle. But maybe the dusty red gives it a saddle look. Either way it’s a great car

7. jwdtenn

jwdtenn Well-Known Member

Congrats on the Country Squire!

n2fordmuscle likes this.