Newcomer with Supercharged Camry Wagon

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by wagonsrule, Mar 5, 2013.

1. wagonsrule

wagonsrule Camry Wagoneer

Hi guys, im from Canada and im probably the only owner of a custom TRD Supercharged 94 Camry V6 Wagon. I've been boosted for almost 2 years now and with no problems whatsoever. I've done many upgrades to my very rare V6 wagon and i love it very much.

Heres a picture of it soon after i got it.'
    [​IMG]

Heres a picture of my Camry Wagon about 2 years ago when i decided to start modding it a bit. I started off with DEPO Clear Headlights which look great on the wagon. I then got a great deal on a set of mags and tires. Added a couple chrome accents. Painted Calipers.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Since then i have retrofitted myself projector headlights and added fog lights. (Which greatly improved the visibility at night compared to the DEPO's mundane light pattern)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

At that point i decided to go all-out and forget about the interior and think more performance wise :evilsmile:.
    To prepare for boost.... 255lph Fuel Pump, SAFC for Air/Fuel Ratio Tuning, Knock Sensor Relocation (Common problem in 1MZ's).
    [​IMG]

Purchased a TRD M62 Supercharger for the 1MZ-FE for the 99-01 Solara TRD. The engine is the same as my Camry except minor intake differences. Install was a breeze and install was done in about 6-8 hours. I kept my boost at 4psi (Stock Pulley) for now but i have intentions of getting that higher soon.

[​IMG]

As of 2012 i added a lip from a early 90s Taurus. It adds a good look to the front of the car and is subtle but good-looking. (It hides very well the plastic engine cover u always see cause of the front bumpers high stance)

[​IMG]

I also retrofitted the Gen4 Camry Center Console into my Gen3 for a new total of 6 Cupholders :rofl2:. I kept the 2 original ones, added two big ones in the middle from the Gen4 and now have 2 for the rear occupants.

[​IMG]
    Upgrades:
    Exterior:
    DEPO Clear Headlights, Fast Mags, Chrome accents, Projector Retrofit, Taurus Lip, Painted Calipers
    To come : TRD Rear Spats Custom Fitted, Complete Paintjob
    Interior:
    AVIC-D2 Pioneer Head Unit, Apexi SAFC, Custom Instrument Cluster Lights, Gen4 Center Console Retrofit
    Performance :
    TRD M62 Supercharger @ 4Psi (Actually 5-6.5 Psi because of cold weather here), Knock Sensor Relocation, 255lph Fuel Pump and more to come.
    ~190whp @ 5psi

Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
  2. silverfox

silverfox New Member

Wagon Garage:
    :Welcome:to the wagon train, rule. I like every single thing you have done to that yota! It looks great with the subtle exterior changes and I always like a little more engine snort!(y) Nice work and nice looking wagon. Glad you found us.:D

3. 1tireman

1tireman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Welcome, very cool wagon!

4. AK27

AK27 Well-Known Member

Welcome wagonsrule!

5. jmt455

jmt455 Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Welcome aboard, wagonsrule!

Great introduction!

I really like what you've done with your Camry; subtle and enjoyable mods...now what's next?

6. n2fordmuscle

n2fordmuscle Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Welcome!! Love what you've done to your wagon. Let's see some under-hood pics!

7. jrwscout

jrwscout New Member

Wagon Garage:
    Welcome aboard! Nice job on your wagon!

8. wagonsrule

Thanks guys :). I would post underhood pics but... winter here just makes the motor look VERY dirty every spring.....

As for what's next... Injector Upgrade, 6 Lbs of Boost Pulley, Custom Rear Lip (Stock TRD Camry Lip Kit (very subtle and fits on gen3)) and custom CPU control.
    Also , as i said, full paintjob, still unsure about color though, hesitating between blue or charcoal and i also have custom DEPO front turn signal lights.... depending on how they look after paint job is done.

9. ModelT1

ModelT1 Still Lost in the 50's

Wagon Garage:
    :Welcome:to the forum. Nice wagon.

10. Longroof79

Longroof79 Well-Known Member

:Welcome: aboard!
    Nicely done wagon. I thought the Camry wagons only came with a 4-cyl. eng., or was that an earlier generation?

11. wagonsrule

The Camry Wagons were available with a V6 from 92-96 but they are crazy rare, well at least here in Canada. The 92-93 have the 3VZ-FE, a iron block V6.
    The 94-96 have the 1MZ-FE, a all-aluminium block.

There were many options for these wagons like 7 seats, (back one facing the REAR!), but mine is the 5 seater option, which in my case makes it better since the spare tire is under the cargo floor instead of inside the car in a plastic cover as in the 7 seater.

This is the 7 Seater:
    2b645a2b.jpg
    EDIT: Found a better pic on these forums
    4f_4.JPG

This is mine:
    2n07r50.jpg

Last edited: Mar 10, 2013
  12. Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Welcome to the SWF, Wagonsrule!

Very nice changes you've made to the Camry - shows some real thinking and research.

We don't have many Toyota wagon owners here, unfortunately, but yours is a great addition to our stable.

Glad you're here!

Marshall

P.S. to Longroof79: Yup - V6's were available in 2 generations of Camry wagons - '87-'91 and '92-'96. It was the Honda Accord wagons that you couldn't get the V6 in...........

13. occupant

occupant Occupantius

Wagon Garage:
    While I hate Camrys as a rule, the 92-96 wagons with those twin rear wipers are interesting enough. The 97-01 console looks right at home, and I was not aware of a supercharger for the V6 models. Since it's been discontinued, where could one of those be found? My Dad's 2000 Camry is a 4-cylinder but I could find a 1MZ-FE and a 5-speed to swap in pretty easily. He has about 250K on it and wanted to trade it in for a new Corolla like my Mom has. I told him if they lowball him that I'll buy it instead.

14. Dewey Satellite

Dewey Satellite New Member

Wagon Garage:
    Welcome to the forum! Yes wagons indeed rule! :Welcome:

15. wagonsrule

Occupant, yes the TRD Supercharger is extremely rare. It has been discontinued ages ago by TRD and was available only in the US for the Solara, the 97-01 Camry and the Sienna. It cost me a LOT but the pleasure of having a original car was well worth the cost. These still go for 2.5k to 3k easy. The site solaraguy.com (gen1-1.5 for sale forum) has lots of S/C's for sale usually. But if you live near Maine... contact Gabe Potter of GLP Motorsports (Find him on Facebook). He has ALL the performance options for the 1MZ, including a 3MZ/1MZ 3.3L motor for a swap, used TRD Superchargers like mine and custom MP90 Superchargers. He also makes Twincharged setups, and has even built a triplecharged Solara (twinturbo + M90 Supercharger) with over 450whp at low boost.

The problem is mainly with the E153/E53 Manual Transmission from the Camry V6 which is really rare and usually taken out of MR2 Turbo and Manual Solara V6.