Newbie Here

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by Drg racr, May 21, 2009.

1. streetmonkey

streetmonkey New Member

Welcome to the site. I haven't been on in a while. I have been spending time with my dad that is not doing well at all because of brain cancer. I have the twin to your red 80 Fairmont wagon. Mine is a 78 red with black interior and 5.0/5speed out of a 90 mustang.Here is a pic of it in my front yard and a video of it over at the local drag strip.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is a shot of under the hood.

[​IMG]

And here is the link the the video.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xr-wg-2LzGw"]YouTube - 78 Ford Fairmont Wagon vs 78 Mercury Zephyr at Isom Ky.[/ame]

2. Stormin' Norman

Stormin' Norman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Welcome back streetmonkey. Sorry to hear about your dad. Fine picture.:thumbs2:

3. Drg racr

Drg racr New Member

Cool ride. I'm thinking of a 351W/AOD setup. We ran my brother's Capri RS with a 351W/5-speed and had a hard time keeping rear ends, driveshafts and 3rd gear together. I'll decide soon and start gathering parts. I'm shooting for 11.80's or so. I don't want to have to add a cage right now, just subframe connectors.
    By the way, do you run sub connectors in your wagon? if so, did you have to make them yourself?

4. streetmonkey

streetmonkey New Member

I'm not running any in my wagon yet. I will probably end up making a set. my last job was doing metal fab in a shop hat built underground mining buggies. I worked there for 9 years. I love doing fab work, its just the time thing I can't get much of. LOL. When I bought my wagon it had 59,000 original miles on it. Now it has 72,000 from me racing it and driving it to work 60 miles a day 6 days a week. I have to admit, I have hurt plenty of feelings on the way to work and back many, many times in the ol wagon. I really like it when there girlfriend is with them. When I slow down to let them get back beside of me the gal is laghing her head off. (poor guy). I have the dog dish/steel wheels back on it to keep it stock looking. I plan on puing a 5.4 with super charger out of a 2005 Ford Lightning and a manual trans out of a 0/04 Cobra. I know it will not look stock with a blower pokeing out the hood. But I guess thats what night driving is for! LOL! Thanks for the welcome back by the way, Its good to be back. :chirp:

5. $arge

$arge New Member

Wagon Garage:
    Bienvenido compa' nice beer!!!