Newb With a wagon

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by BassAxeWorks, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Longroof79

Longroof79 Well-Known Member

I love it!.. Cool wagon.
    I think it was tastefully done. I like the interior, the two tone paint, skirts, etc.
    I agree that the Mustang wheels are out to lunch. That's the only thing I dislike about it.

:Welcome: aboard!

2. BassAxeWorks

BassAxeWorks New Member

Well after a LOOOONG wait im going to pick her up saturday...we had some paperwork snafu's that needed to be attended to

3. Bigbarneycars

Bigbarneycars Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    And your 1st stop Saturday nite at the Pig Stand will be the true test of how well others view it. If the pix are any indicator you better have a good supply of paper towels on hand to wipe the drool off:thumbs2: Nice ride Man:clap:, Jer

4. Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Whatever was done to the Comet, whether we like it or not, seems to have been done with at least a degree of competence. As to the wheels, I would venture to say that the front and rear hub set-ups were probably changed to 5-bolt. Good news if that's the case, you've got a HUGE selection of wheels out there that you can use.

5. silverfox

silverfox New Member

Wagon Garage:
    I don't know how I missed this thread??? That is a slick wagon!! :thumbs2::Welcome:to the wagon train, BassAxeWorks.:D I hope you stick around so we can follow the changes and upgrades. I love that car!:yup:

6. BassAxeWorks

BassAxeWorks New Member

Guys the wagon was not at all what the pics seemed. And its still in northern texas after a 10 hour round trip with an empty trailer.

I will keep searching. It "looked" great from the pics. In person its a bondo glass nightmare whether the seller wants to admit it or not.

There are holes in the rear sills, the bottoms of all the doors are bubbled and some cracks in spots, the interior is NOT near as new looking as it is in the pics. Its actually water spotted to hell inside too.

The brakes didnt work at all when I was told this was a driver.

Etc etc etc

So needless to say I was really disappointed.

7. fannie

fannie Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    :oops:mg:

So sorry to hear about this, 10 hour drive, hopes built up, I hate it when this kinda stuff happens. So did this guy really think you would notice all this stuff?

8. silverfox

silverfox New Member

Wagon Garage:
    Hate it when that happens! :mad: Oh well....sorry that happened, Bass...stay on the lookout!(y)

9. BassAxeWorks

BassAxeWorks New Member

i dont know he seemed stunned when I passed on it. Maybe he doesnt believe its that bad but to do what I would have to to make it RIGHT id have been so far and 2 years into it that it just killed the wind in my sails dead.

It is what it is im still lookin casually but i rolled the 4k into an IRA for now.

10. Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Better to have made the trip and come back empty rather than buying something that you were going to regret. Before buying the Safari, I did much the same thing as you, driving up to Olympia, Washington to look at a Mercury Colony Park that looked halfway decent in the pics. Needless to say, it wasn't. Wife and I ended up having a nice drive in uncharted (for us) territory.

11. OldFox

OldFox Curmudgeon

12. BassAxeWorks

BassAxeWorks New Member

thanks buys ive got my eyes on on here a well. I kinda had the wind kicked outta my sails im looking but casually now. Thanks for the updates and keep em coming if i find the right one ill be backin the saddle but im done buying anything i cant really look over in person first.