New to this forum

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by Aggy64, May 1, 2020.

1. Aggy64

Aggy64 New Member

I recently purchased my second 64 Country Sedan.

2. Aggy64

Aggy64 New Member

This is how I bought this car with the exception of adding the teal stripe to the front and lettering the rear windows. (my wife and I own a sign company)

It's an original 289 car with a cruise-o-matic trans. Interior is all original except the front seat. (seat needs to be changed)

It's a pretty decent every day driver which is what I intend to do with it.

I am not a real big fan of the shaved door handles . . . I might change that. 20-03-31 WCS Lettered LF 1.jpg 20-03-31 WCS Lettered RR 1.jpg

Attached Files:

fannie likes this.
  3. Grizz

Grizz Are we there yet???

Wagon Garage:
    Holy smokes! It a beauty! Loving the stripe. I think we have another professional sign guy on here. Safari knut maybe? Either way welcome! Shaved handles look fine to me. Also I’m usually not a fan of painted bumpers but they look good too. What the other 63 look like?

4. Aggy64

Aggy64 New Member

Thanks. It's not necessarily the look of the shaved door handles I don't like. I'm a practical kind of person . . . when I want to get in . . . I want to "easily" get in.

The other wagon I had was a 64 as well. It was a complete original car but needed a full restore. 20-03-16 Blue wagon Mand 1.jpg

fannie, 60Mercman and Grizz like this.
  5. OrthmannJ

OrthmannJ Always looking for old ford crew cabs

Welcome aboard! That is a beautiful looking wagon you have there. I agree with Grizz on the bumper sentiment.
    As far as the door handles go, I can see what you mean. If you are intending to use this as a daily driver that might become a nuisance.
    Glad you found us, I'm looking forward to seeing more of this one and what you do with it. :thumbs2:

6. kevdupuis

kevdupuis Membrane

Welcome to the forums, that teal stripe really does accentuate the the car.
    Looking at the picture I was thinking that with the wide sheet metal at the top of the doors you could go with C3 Corvette style door handles, add practicality and keep the shaved look of course stock is fine and I think they are still being re-popped.

edit: They're still listed on the https://www.dearbornclassics.com/ website, just look under 63 Galaxie I just don't see the buttons for them.

Last edited: May 2, 2020
  7. fannie

fannie Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    How do you get in?

Sweet pair, welcome aboard.