New pest here

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by AMC PackRat, Mar 4, 2010.

1. AMC PackRat

AMC PackRat Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info :) - I do ship bumpers to Europe and was doing pretty good over there until the economy went into the dumpster. I did ship a couple of nice Buick bumpers to a guy in Germany last month, though.

2. AMC PackRat

Oh yeah, here's a picture of my daily driver. It's 2WD so I think it's "kind of" a wagon. It has about 278k and still runs pretty good. I might even wash it this year . . . . .:bath:

Attached Files:

3. tbirdsps

tbirdsps New Member Charter Member

I noticed the AMC Ambassador two door in the background. Remember that AMC and Chrysler Jeeps are crap. They'd never last that long.:rofl2:

4. Ford Nut

Ford Nut Well-Known Member

:Welcome:AMC- you'll find lots of smileys here, if we can all remember to keep taking our meds :jumping:
    Hey how about this one. 1967 fairlane sw mine are starting to get that
    not so pretty look.:oops:
    Best Rick

5. AMC PackRat

Ooooo . . . . I already got a heckler in the crowd. :yippee: And I thought it would be somebody with a rusted out 68 Chevelle wagon. :eek: As far as you other Ford guys go I figured Granada bumpers were about as popular as Pinto bumpers and didn't get any of either. There was a whole crapload of Granada bumpers there but if you can't get a hundred bucks for a rechromed one it's not really worth the effort. 67 Fairlane wagon bumpers are probably pretty hard ta find due to rust out. Don't have one, sorry. :sorry: I tried to put an add in the for sale section with what I do have but I didn't put a dollar amount in the box and lost it. . . . . :cry: Maybe later.

These smiley's are great. :woohoo1:

6. tbirdsps

tbirdsps New Member Charter Member

I believe that all American Iron are about equal. 276,000 miles on an AMC Jeep is nothing to sniff at. I'd own any brand of American car. I just happen to have 5 Fords.:2_thumbs_up_-_anima The :rofl2:was to indicate that I was being a smart A$$ with my comment. Put any wagon in front of me and it will be considered. With proper care they all will last a long time.

By the way I like that Jeep. It is a little dirty though. Could be from all the white stuff falling on the road.

7. AMC PackRat

I know you were just pokin me - I wuz just pokin back. ;) I've even had a few Fords that I really liked.

8. AMC PackRat

Here - I washed my Cherokee yesteday - that was mostly dirt, not salt - I putter around on gravel roads a lot out here. :character0182:

I stuck the "mystery bumper" up in your "general" area and stuck an add in the "for sale" area this morning. (y)

One of the best cars I ever owned was a 72 LTD Brombe (? never could spell that word) 2 door when I got out of high school. I almost bought a Pinto wagon once, too. :yikes: It had a 4 speed but couldn't squeal the tires, though . . . . :rofl2:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 5, 2010
  9. cadipacer

cadipacer Well-Known Member

Just a note to AMCpackRat: I have 4 Ambassador grilles.. 1 ) 1971, 2) 1972, 1) 1973.
    just sold a am/fm shoebox radio last week to a local guy
    with a 72 2 Dr HT Ambs,, 401 cid X code...:slap:
    also a plethora of headlight bezels.. we parted out several AMBs years ago.

10. AMC PackRat

Cool - you're a parts guy, too. :29: I need a couple of those metal woodgrain upper door panel inserts if you have any in good shape. They usually have a little emblem that says "custom" or something like that.

My 73 Ambo has been modified to run the 69 Ambo grill and lights, though. The bumper's been pulled back with 69-71 brackets, too, so it really keeps people guessing just what year it is. :hmmm:

11. cadipacer

:) Dont have that item,, I know the part.. I do have the 69 grille,, I believe its plastic,? but no bezels.. Got some early Hornet grilles, mid-70s Gremlin grille, late Hornet grilles, and 79-80 Grand wagon grilles... Oh just ask,,, who knows whats in the barn.:disagree: A friend of mine has one of my Matador wagons, 1976 for sale ,( guessing about $1800)
    has 304, 3rd seat.. no grain... midnight blue about 50,000 miles some driver dings/ dents. About 5 miles from me.. Need a wagon???:wave:

12. AMC PackRat

I have 8 cars now - I have to junk a Cherokee and a 68 Javelin as soon as it warms up just to get some room around here . . . . :cry: Yeah, the 69 Ambo grill is plastic but I have 3 spares already. I've been looking at NOS headlight bezels but the guys on eBay think they're worth 50 bucks apiece. :rant2: I could use a 73 delay wiper switch if you had one, too - they're kinda hard to find seeing as how 73 was the only year for that particular switch. :49:

13. cadipacer

Nope dont have that rare delay setup..:tiphat: Later !

14. the Rev

the Rev senior junior Charter Member

Wagon Garage:
    well...to be honest...i usually ignore people using the board to pimp stuff:naughty:
    but for some reason i'm enjoying the banter:yup:

and ....i kinda like AMC's:bouncy:...and for the last couple years have been keeping an ear to the ground for a 2 wheel drive Cherokee...(i have a evil plan):rednose:

so based on all that....i say....:Welcome: to our humble home:tiphat:

oh...and we can never have enuff CHROME:banana:

15. AMC PackRat

Yeah, I'm sorry about "pimpin" stuff but since the recession rolled in I'm almost bankrupt and gotta do something to pay the bills. :mad: Besides, some of the stuff I have is almost impossible to find nowadays. I even got Ford stuff . . . . . :slap:

I also have a pretty good knowledge of 60s and 70s AMCs and Mopars that might be helpful to some guys on this site.

And . . . . I buy stuff, too. :) I wouldn't mind finding a Rebel wagon or maybe a Mopar B body one, either - I think that GTX wagon in the pix section is pretty cool. :2_thumbs_up_-_anima