Near Dark

Discussion in 'Station Wagons in the Movies and other Media' started by sgath92, Apr 29, 2010.

1. sgath92

sgath92 Creepy & Morbid

This is the finale action scene in Near Dark. Most die-hard fans know what I mean when I say that this scene came close to ruining the entire movie. The storyline pits the protagonist against a group of Vampires, the leader of which is supposed to be the strongest, most experienced of the group. References are made all throughout the movie about how tough this leader is supposed to be, only when the writer decides to have the two confront each other this happens.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8twBikabBoE

Not even a fight scene, no one attempts to shoot Celeb (the protagonist) despite there being several gun scenes in the movie. No, Jesse (the leader) simply drives a B-body chevy at a slow speed on a deserted road until the sun makes him and his wife burst into flames. :tsk:

2. wixom61

wixom61 Well-Known Member

That was really lame! I've never seen the movie, but I would have to say, "yep, that ruined it for me!"

Love how the RH rear door just falls off when they are bursting into flames. :disagree: I think there was a recall for that.

David :)