My 1967 Ford Country Sedan

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Projects' started by winged one, Jul 21, 2012.

1. BPinsent

BPinsent Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Hey Thomas,
    Thanks for the update, have you decided what colour to go with?
    Sticking with the factory colour?

take care,

2. winged one

winged one Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    LOL

Actually, they had done so much, it knocked my boots off!!! ;)

And Brian, we bought a 2013 Focus in Performance Blue, so I got my blue fix. We also sold my wife's 1969 Camaro in Rally Green, so I am leaning toward a green. It will go better than blue with the parchment interior and I like green cars and need a fix. There are some beautiful greens out there. :2_thumbs_up_-_anima

3. BPinsent

Wagon Garage:
    I don't know, that Beige Mist Metallic sure looks good! :thumbs2:

4. the Rev

the Rev senior junior Charter Member

Wagon Garage:
    well thats nice easy access to the spare :rofl2:
    [​IMG]

shes lookin good Brian:)

5. winged one

Wagon Garage:

What do you think of this 1977 Lincoln green (at least that is what it says it is)? I like it.
    [​IMG]

6. mashaffer

mashaffer New Member

Wagon Garage:
    That 77 Lincoln is awesome. I love that color!

mike

7. the Rev

the Rev senior junior Charter Member

Wagon Garage:
    Givenchy Green !! great color(y)

8. dennis

dennis Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Winged One, love the colour on L77 but in my experience its nice to use a late model colour that relates to what was original at the time of manufacture or close to this way it should not date your longroof or affect resale value:cheers: its been awhile

9. chefdough

chefdough junior member

Wagon Garage:

I have seen this car! Nice color!:camera:

10. winged one

Wagon Garage:
    Well, still working on the color (wife is still talking purple) .... Going to check in on the car on Tuesday. See what new and exciting work has been done. :Woot:

11. chefdough

chefdough junior member

Wagon Garage:
    color

Whatever please you or you wife. The car can't ever look ugly in my opinion.:rednose:

12. winged one

Wagon Garage:
    Wow, almost 2 years have passed since my last update.

But they are getting ready to "cut in" the doors with paint. OMG. LOL.

What started as a "fix a little rust and shoot it" has turned into a pull every panel, fix it and paint everything that isn't moving. Oye. Understand this is a good friend that has done quite a bit of work for us. I haven't had the desire to get the car back as we have been busy with life. But sheesh. Anyway, you don't need to hear our little drama.

Onto the good. We were asked to give them color options last week. He shot two on sheets so we can look at them in sun and shade and bend, etc over the weekend.

He shot the 77 Givenchy, and a Range Rover Aintree green we requested. The Givenchy came out as I expected and matches well with the interior Light Parchment. It could use a little more metallic. I will ask about that.

The Aintree is dark, as in almost black, except in direct sunlight. Then it is a stunning green that sparkles just beautifully. I mean it really pops. However, it does not match up as well with the Light Parchment. We have basically ruled it out. Though I love black cars, I want green, and green no matter the weather.

We looked long and hard at a lot of colors on the internet last week. I just loved this Audi Emerald (Verdant) Green:
    [​IMG]

It's gorgeous to me and is kind of close to the Givenchy (Dark Jade), though it appears to be more pearl than metallic. There could also be a problem in my painter being able to code it, as it is supposed to be "exclusive" to the S7, whatever that may mean. Going to see if he can shoot a sample.

Luckily today, the sun came out and we went and looked at a Green Gem Ford at the local Ford dealer. Always liked that color. Compared it to the 2 shot colors and a sample of the Light Parchment. Below is NOT the actual vehicle we looked at.

[​IMG]

Also went to the Chevy dealer and checked out an Emerald green. They had a single Impala with it. Below is just an example of the color.
    [​IMG]

We obviously could not compare the Ford and Chevy side to side, but to our eyes, they looked almost identical. Also, they looked almost black when not in direct sunlight.

Conclusion: I am going to the shop Monday morning and see about the Audi color (it may end up just to much for my old wagon, as in too wild). But our next choice is the 77 Givenchy (Dark Jade).

13. winged one

Wagon Garage:
    Well, unfortunately Audi will not part with the coding for their Verdant green unless you buy the car. Even PPG couldn't get the code. So we are going ahead with the 77 Lincoln color (Dark Jade). Supposed to get the car back this Spring. Fingers crossed. Then it is a long time putting it back together.

14. winged one

Wagon Garage:
    Update: Got some NOS parts, still working to get a NOS part that is not bent, and went to a swap meet (big one) in Coldwater.

Obtained:
    2 - NOS Rear window channels in great shape, rubber and felt soft and supple.
    Rechromed front bumper and new bumper bolts. Very slick. (swap meet)
    2 - interior handles that look really nice. (swap meet)
    NOS lower anodized aluminum trim (driver side, behind the rear wheel). Arrived bent. Waiting on UPS to pick up the box. Shipper giving full credit and sending a second one they have (hopefully packaged better).

Car: Front fenders back on, along with the radiator support, hood, etc. Looks like a car again. Roof is painted (looks great). Hopefully soon.

15. BPinsent

Wagon Garage:
    Thomas, thanks for the update.
    Look forward to seeing your car on the road this year, I just went back through all of the posts in this thread and hard to believe where the time has gone. I have been too busy with life to be on the site but will try to do so more often. It took me five years of looking to find the tailgate lock bezel/trim and I did so on eBay earlier this year, hopefully soon it will be on the car. Wouldn't you know it another shows up and the seller is a 30 minute drive from me. If you still need one make him an offer it has been listed and relisted several times;

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291728195339?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

It would be a shame to put the old faded part back on your "new" car.

Cheers!!