Marquis DeSade

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by MarquisDeSade, Mar 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. silverfox

silverfox New Member

Wagon Garage:
    I know Tedy is happily having fun with his dad that is visiting him from Latvia, I believe, but I wonder how far that car is from Tedy? Marquis has not offered a lot of info here in the forum about the car. I would feel a lot better if someone could take a good look at this wagon and take it for a drive, etc. No one actually knows anything about this car except from some not-so-good pix.

2. fannie

fannie Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    I may be a little late on this topic, and maybe you have it sorted out already. But if bring the car to Halifax is still an option, there is a guy in Ontario that is coming here the first week in July. He will be towing an empty car dolly because he is picking up the Beaumont that I sold him. Anyway, I live 40 mins outside of Halifax on the main highway, it would a breeze to get your car to the ship yards. If there is someone else who could get the car from BC to Ontario? OOO this is exciting...:bouncy:

3. fannie

fannie Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:

This is funny to read...:rofl:

Our capital city in Nova Scotia. All be it a small one it's still a city.:)
    The main highway that crosses Canada is called the Trans Canada Highway it goes from NewFoundland to British Columbia and includes the Northwest Territories and Numavut.:rednose:

http://transcanadahighway.com/general/itinerary.htm

4. meulmani

meulmani Well-Known Member

I thought I sorted out already with an online shipping quote of $1600 for BC-Europe but they told me they don't ship from Vancouver anymore (see other topic). Shipping from Halifax to Europe is cheap, I have got a quote of $800.

Well, at least shipping from BC to Ontario costs less than shipping from BC to Halifax.
    If this will not work there is still the AZ car, probably needing more work but less expensive so more budget for us to make that car perfect.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2011
  5. meulmani

A few years ago I would have travelled that road myself, must be great to drive out there. But now I have to wait for Duke to be a little older so he can travel with me ;).

6. silverfox

silverfox New Member

Wagon Garage:
    WOW...this is too cool. Now if we could get the mystery wagon to Ontario....
    Hey...isn't that Trans Canada Highway the one where people disappear??:yikes:

7. meulmani

8. silverfox

silverfox New Member

Wagon Garage:
    He may think you are a scammer since you are from across the pond. His last statement in the ad is.....

Serious Inquires only. Tire kickers and Scammers call someone else.

This could be a good wagon, but, I don't have a good feeling about it because of the way it is presented and written. And it's an 85.

9. meulmani

Where in Ontario does this guy live?
    I am sending a rfq for shipping the car from BC to Ontario...

10. meulmani

We have been thinking really hard. We came to the conclusion that shipping costs of the BC car are high. But if this one does not need a respray, does not need new woodgrain and it is also in mint condition technically this could turn out to be less expensive than an AZ car which needs new paint, new woodgrain etc etc. The high transporation costs over land is partly compensated by the low shipping costs to get the car from Halifax to Europe. Ok, total costs will be above budget (there have to be money left for a new barn for our sheep), but if this car is really good condition it doesn't takes days of hard work (replacing woodgrain, sanding and painting, new exhaust and other technical stuff etc) to make this car perfect for us. We just calculated that our blue car cost us more... assuming the red BC car is in mint condition... So, if Fat Tedy is still willing to take a look at the car and the seller is willing to send pictures... Maybe there will be a deal!

11. meulmani

Just got a mail from Tobias, he will send pictures!

12. Fat Tedy

Fat Tedy Island Red Neck

I will gladly view the wagon for you(y)..... I am busy rite now with family but I could view the wagon early in the morning Saturday or Sunday of this weekend coming up.

Because Ina, you live so far away I would like you to get approval for me (from Tobias) to be able to drive the car up on ramp stands so I can get a good look at the underside and better pictures of...

I will gladly work this into my scedule this weekend as long as it can be done early..... I wake up before 5AM everyday of the week so it can be early.

Private mesage on the way:).

PS...I don't/won't look at any car (even for myself) in the rain, or when it starts to get dark:disagree:, not going to happen:D

13. meulmani

I have received pictures from Tobias! The car looks very nice, I am getting enthusiastic. I think he sent the wrong picture of the engine (Volvo) :rofl2:.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Volvo engine :rofl:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

If the underneath and engine (also running) is as nice as the interior and exterior in these pictures ... :thumbs2::thumbs2:

Last edited: Jun 23, 2011
  14. CapriceEstate

CapriceEstate Yacht Captain

Wagon Garage:
    I choked on my beer when I saw that Volvo motor pic.

15. silverfox

silverfox New Member

Wagon Garage:
    WTH?? What's with that steering wheel??
    By the way...this car was on here before.
    Looks really nice. Need Tedy to look and drive....Tedy has a good eye.(y) He can spot any doctoring or anything hidden. Like Ina says....IF the engine & underside are like the car LOOKS from here it could be a winner.
    Price is between buyer and seller.:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.