Large 1/18 scale 1960 Country Squire

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Memorabilia & Toys' started by Jim 68cuda, Apr 25, 2017.

1. Jim 68cuda

Jim 68cuda Well-Known Member

Didn't know anything about these coming out. Just went on the website for American Excellence and they show them in stock. Manufacturer is MCG. I've never heard of that manufacturer.

https://www.american-excellence.com/?p=details&i=212230
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    FORD
    Country Squire, red / wood optics, with roof rails, 1960
    $69.95
    • Item number: 212230

2. Jim 68cuda

I bought the black one without the roof rack. It goes great with my 1/18 scale Airstream trailer. The car is nicely done, but with no opening features and the chassis is not detailed.
    [​IMG]

3. Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Great-looking wagon for a collection - and not too badly priced, either. I was thinking of switching to 1/64 scale for further collecting, but it seems those smaller ones are just as expensive overall on average, as the big ones.

4. Silvertwinkiehobo

Silvertwinkiehobo "Everything that breaks starts with 'F.'"

I just want ones in HO scale. Hell, I'll take 'em as 3D-printed! But that wagon with the Silver Twinkie (you're a man with taste) and the angler are very cool. Can you provide a pic of the underside? I just want to see how they've put the bottom together and perhaps see if the undercarriage could be scratchbuilt and/or kitbashed.

5. Jim 68cuda

DSCN8799.JPG DSCN8800.JPG On the right, the Squire. On the left the Ertl Starliner (Maybe Auto World will reproduce the Starliner).

6. Silvertwinkiehobo

Silvertwinkiehobo "Everything that breaks starts with 'F.'"

If those were mine, I'd locate another Starliner, such as one someone dropped or was knocked off a shelf and use the parts to install a proper underside. Much as those American Excellence models look great inside and on the body, for the price, they should have a nice underbody also.

7. Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Interesting story.......

Saw a FB post yesterday from Dave Harkey, the owner of this fabulous 1960 Country Squire:
    [​IMG]

Anyways......
    He just received his die-cast Black '60 Squire from American Excellence.

Here's what he says about it:
    "I received this recently released 1:18 scale diecast 1960 Country Squire today. It's made by the Model Car Group of Germany. The similarities of this model and my real Country Squire are quite striking. It has the radio antenna installed on the passenger side of the model just like on my real car. Most were installed on the drivers side of the cars. The model has the dealer installed mirrors on both of the front doors and it doesn't have a roof rack just like my car. The suspension is a little too wide and high but overall it's very accurate with lots of neat details. I sure never thought I'd see a 1:18 scale model of my car!"