Hi, from sunny FL

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by teej, Oct 24, 2006.

1. teej

teej Well-Known Member

Just joined the SW forum, but have been fan of the SW as long as I can remember. Currently my daily driver is a '67 Pontiac Tempest wagon. It's a stock 326 V8 but it's smooth and reliable. I put a TH350 in it this summer and that's made it a nice driver. I've got a 400 in the garage that is going into it eventually. It's in need of a paint job but it's solid and I love the lines of it. It's got a GTO hood/grills and a custom grill emblem that says GOAT. (thus the avatar) I'm hoping to put that actual goat emblem on the side one of these days.

I'm also looking for a nice 9passenger pontiac wagon, probably 61-66 but that seems to change daily. I wish I had room for about a dozen of them.

Thanks for the forum, I'm sure I'll meet some good wagonheads.

2. wagonmaster

wagonmaster Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Wagon Garage:
    :Welcome: and thanks for joining the forum. Do you have pics of your wagon?

3. teej

teej Well-Known Member

Here is a couple older shots of it. I've since added front disc brakes and lowered the stance just slightly with some drop springs. I usually drive around with the Full Moon Caps on it, but also like the Rally II's. I'm very indecisive.

Attached Files:

4. 70CutlassCruiser

70CutlassCruiser Just having fun Charter Member

Hey, its Teej. Its pretty cool over here. I've been poking around a little. Nice place to talk wagons in general instead of brand specific wagons.

5. teej

teej Well-Known Member

I agree... Variety makes the world interesting. I've been looking for a solid 9 passenger wagon for a while and it will be good to hear from some fans of other makes...

You frequent other boards? I'll typically watch the PY Pontiac board..

6. the Rev

the Rev senior junior Charter Member

Wagon Garage:
    Welcome Teej...cool wag...luv the salt flats:D

7. 70CutlassCruiser

Teej, the only other site I go to is VistaCruiser.com, they are more specific about Olds wagons. I dont have a Vista but mine is the Cutlass Cruiser but it is accepted over there. What type of wagon are you looking for?

8. teej

teej Well-Known Member

I was initially looking for a 60's vintage Pontiac big-car wagon like the Bonneville or Catalina. I missed out on a '61 that would have been perfect, but cash to buy it was/is currently parked in my garage as a '64 Lemans.

I think I was a bit biased toward Pontiac just so I could have some interchange. There for a while I had a garage with 5 different makes of cars. ('68 Mercury Cougar, 96 Mustang motor, 67 GTO, Toyota 4Runner w/chevy 350) It was too much to keep up with so I traded the Toyota and Cougar for my Tempest wagon. Just recently sold the GTO to pay some medical bills.

But, I really do like the look of some of the Olds wagons too. Whatever it is I get, it's going to have to be a 9 passenger and either have AC or be cheap enough that I can afford to put a system in it. Something that needs some work, but that I can still drive.

That vague enough?

I'll have to check out the cruiser site...

9. 70CutlassCruiser

Thats cool. I would really like to have that Lemans you put up for sale over at the Pontiac site. Wrong timing though. I am going to do the cosmetic restoration on the Cutlass Wagon this winter and then look for something for me. Kind of excited. I really, really, really want another 65 Catalina. I am starting to see them pop up for sale but then again I can always be tempted as long as it is a Pontiac. I just had a heck of a time finding a Lemans, Tempest wagon for the wife and this Cutlass fits the bill perfect. I will keep my eyes out for a 9 passenger wagon. I see them from time to time.