Hello from Ohio.

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by cheesewagon, Mar 12, 2007.

1. cheesewagon

cheesewagon Wagonmaster Charter Member

Hi Guys,

Been wanting to find a wagon forum for awhile now. This seems to be a great site, with lots of nice people. It just took awhile for me get things rolling again since my divorce. Then to top that off I ended up having knee surgery, which ended with an infection in my left leg. Well I hope thats all my "bad luck" over with for the next year or so.:) I've had 4 wagons so far, with my currant one being a '85 Olds Custom Cruiser. My friends in Savannah found this one a couple doors down from them. A retired army officer had it from day one. It's a good solid southern car with very little rust on it. It has a 307/ 200R drive line in it. With just over a 109,000 miles on it. The best part the old girl didn't cost me a red cent! Where I work they were going to get rid of 44 used computers and with one phone call my friend and he said he would take them off my hands. In trade he bought the Olds to give to me. All I had to pay for was for him to bring it up to me here in Ohio ($150). And it has been a real life saver so far. Heck the ex is a little jealous of it in funny kind of way. I have two daughters, Annie 23 who still lives at home with me. And Val 12 who lives with her mom. Both are into fast cars and trucks like thier old dad. I work for a large local library here in town. Been there 17 years now, and I'm the Building & Grounds Supervisior there. I also have a wood working business in which I restore antique furiniture. I also have a "72 Cheyenne Super truck which I'm in the process of doing a "ground up" restro on. The "cheesewagon" name comes from my "other wagon", and that was a "72 Chevy suburban. And believe me it was rusty but it was one of the best vehicles I've ever owned. Well I better stop ramblin on for now.

Latter Tom Apel:)

2. wagonmaster

wagonmaster Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Wagon Garage:
    Welcome to the Forums Tom. do you have any pictures of your wagon?

3. the Rev

the Rev senior junior Charter Member

Wagon Garage:
    geez tom....i know more about you than half my friends:rofl2:

welcome enjoy the stay

4. GN300

GN300 Tipmaster G

Welcome from Nova Scotia!

Free is good!

5. ReTroJoe

ReTroJoe Member

Welcome to the board. I used to live in Ohio......to quote Bowling for Soup, "There's nothing wrong with Ohio, except the snow and the rain"