Hello from Georgia

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by 70CutlassCruiser, Oct 21, 2006.

1. 70CutlassCruiser

70CutlassCruiser Just having fun Charter Member

Well, it is nice I stumbled upon this site. As you can tell by my name I own a Olds. I have never owned a wagon or a olds. Mostly Pontiacs. This car is for my wife, she has seen me go thru cars and now it is her turn to own a old car. She likes it, as well as myself. It is a 70 Flat top Cutlass, blue with a white top and blue intieror. It really needs a cosmetic restoration as the mechanicals are great. It has a 350/350, posi rear, air, front discs, and duals. That is about it. Fun nonetheless to drive. I will be working on the car this winter doing bodywork gettting the intieror done and getting misc. stainless polished, new front bumper and some minor engine bay detailing, along with some redline tires to wrap around the 15x7 mid 80's cutlass chrome wheels it has on it. I look forward to contributing to this site, it looks like some fun and we all have something in common, wagons!!!

[​IMG]

2. wagonmaster

wagonmaster Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Wagon Garage:
    Welcome and thanks for joining the forums. The car looks sharp with the Cutlass. How cold does a Georgia winter get?

3. 70CutlassCruiser

Ahh, it dips down in the 30's regularly in the winter. I am originally from Seattle and I would have to say it feels a lot colder here though. Some say when you mix humidity with cold it bites a litter harder. It never gets cold enough to take out the cars and run them. They like to breathe that cold air and with the dry winters we have it is perfect. I bought the car cause it was not a vista cruiser. Nother against the vistas it is just this car is shorter and more rare. Besides it fits in the garage perfectly and it is basically a four door cutlass from the rear doors forward. I look forward to posting more when I begin the cosmetic resoration of the car. Gotta love tax time.

4. Harry Clamshell

Harry Clamshell Well-Known Member Charter Member

Wagon Garage:
    Welcom aboard....:Welcome: beautiful Wagon.... what type of wheels does it have??

5. 70CutlassCruiser

They are off a mid 80's cutlass.

6. wagonmaster

wagonmaster Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Wagon Garage:
    Montreal has humid winters and we get cold snaps that can last more than a week with -4 Fahrenheit (-20 Celsious) temperatures. :90: Out west it gets colder, but its a dry cold and it does not feel as cold even thouhg it is colder. Im installing my winter tires next week. :cry:

7. 70CutlassCruiser

Gotta love Georgia. At least we get to expierence seasons but they are not extreme. Well, the summers are hot and humid but that only lasts about a month. I've never had to store a car luckily. I drive them year round. This one though will be worked on so we can cruise it in the spring.

8. the Rev

the Rev senior junior Charter Member

Wagon Garage:
    Welcome 70!
    Nice lil Cutlass there...dont see to many of those around anymore.
    ..Got it for the wife...huh?....lucky gal:D