Greetings from Sweden!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by solvebring, Apr 5, 2022.

1. solvebring

solvebring New Member

So! Here I am ...

Last week I sold my Fairlane -63 project and bought this 1965 Colony Park, 390, automatic. It needs some work. There's some oil leakage, lost and/or broken stripping, seals, emblems, pins and springs, things that's stuck, etc. But I plan to get it all solved over time. Problem is, these cars seem to lack available body parts. And living in Sweden doesn't really help. :rofl:

Well, I was born in 1987, work as a librarian, got a wife and two kids. I am pretty new to cars – I'm from a motorhead family, since my father and brother have never done much else than cars, but I'm a late bloomer and just started out a couple of years ago – with the Fairlane on which I had to change the engine, assemble the transmission, and so on. Well ... Other hobbies are tattoos, tattoo history, reading, writing, drawing and rock music.

:cheers:

2. Wagonrodder

Wagonrodder Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Welcome to the site!! you may find other things are not available as well like gas tanks..love the look of your car and how it sits!

solvebring likes this.
  3. solvebring

solvebring New Member

Thank you! And thanks for the heads up! Yeah, I guess I’ll have to grab any mid-60’s full-size part every here and there and try to fit it when I run into these kinds of problems.

4. Wagonrodder

Wagon Garage:
    Thats what I do collect pretty much every original part i can find..if nothing else having extra parts for a classic car adds to resale value...our 2 wagons would look great next to each other at a show! theres one like yours ive seen in my area thats red with the original patina faded paint...hope to see Sweden some day, i just did one of those Dna tests and i came back 61% Swedish hehe...

solvebring likes this.
  5. wagoninsane

wagoninsane Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Welcome to the forums Solvebring and welcome to the adventure of finding wagon parts! I have a '65 Olds Vista Cruiser, ended up buying a complete '64 parts wagon. Good luck in your search! By the way we love pictures, so post some of your rides when you get a chance.....Longroofs Rule!

solvebring likes this.
  6. Steve-E-D

Steve-E-D Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    :Welcome: to the wagon train, Solvebring!

solvebring likes this.
  7. solvebring

solvebring New Member

Thank you, guys! Much appreciated! :)

8. OrthmannJ

OrthmannJ Always looking for old ford crew cabs

Welcome aboard Solvebring! Sounds like a great wagon you have there. Good luck in your search for all of the parts and pieces you need.

solvebring likes this.
  9. WagonTheDog

WagonTheDog Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum, solvebring! This site and others online are a good resource for learning things about the car hobby, so along with your father and brother, I'm sure you'll be just fine. (y) Cool wagon though! I like the colour.

What kind of rock are you into? I mostly listen to rock from the 60s and 70s, but a lot of it is pretty rare, obscure (to us in North America anyway) and esoteric. There was some really great music coming out of Scandinavia during that time.

10. Wagonrodder

Wagon Garage:
    Im curious too...do you know the band SandmarX? one of my favorites..

11. solvebring

solvebring New Member

Thanks, mate!

Well, I listen to lots of things, growing older I seem to broaden myself more and more. What I don't listen to is modern metal like Nu Metal, or anything electronic – disco-techno-mumbo-jumbo-humbug. I really like 1960's Surf guitar music, classic Rock 'N' Roll and Rocka'billy, Rag-Swing, most Blues genres, some country – like Johnny Cash, Hank Williams, Hank III etc., heavy metal and other metal genres.

Nowadays I mostly listen to stuff like Justin Johnson, Hank III, The Spotnicks, Dick Dale, Eddie Cochran, Johnny and the Hurricanes, Hurriganes and Johnny Cash. I have my periods. You know, and there are bands that have always been with me, like Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Candlemass, Kebnekajse ...

12. solvebring

solvebring New Member

No, sorry, I don't know them.

13. WagonTheDog

Sounds like a good mix of music! As far as the Hurriganes you mentioned, I'm probably overthinking things, but by any chance you don't mean the 70s Finnish band, The Hurriganes, with Albert Järvinen do you?

Last edited: Apr 11, 2022
  14. solvebring

solvebring New Member

I sure do mean that band, yes! :)

WagonTheDog likes this.
  15. WagonTheDog

Oh, nice! A cool band and a great guitarist. I "discovered" The Hurriganes on YouTube several years ago, and enjoy Albert Järvinen's guitar playing. Good times! :) But that's what I meant when I said I listen to a lot of "obscure" stuff, as The Hurriganes are an obscure band here in North America. I'm sure if you were to ask 99.9999% of people here if they have ever heard of them, they would say no.

However, for anyone else reading this who is at all interested to know, the interesting thing about Albert Järvinen is that he was rarely known by his given name, Pekka. Why did he go by the name "Albert"? Because one day he met his idol, blues great Albert King, and Mr. King was so impressed with Pekka's guitar playing that he gave him the nickname "Albert", so the name just stuck. When an idol and a blues legend names you the same name as himself, you just go with it. I know Albert Järvinen was very honoured to be known as "Albert" for that reason. Sadly Albert Järvinen died young at the age of 40 in 1991.

On a separate note, speaking of other musicians from Scandinavia, it's an extreme rarity for me to listen to anything newer than music made in 1975, but I really like blues and rockabilly guitarist, "Kid" Andersen who is an American transplant from Norway. IMO, he's the best traditional blues guitarist there is today, and is criminally underrated as a rockabilly guitarist.

Wagonrodder likes this.