Great to be here!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by Station Wagon Ranger, Feb 9, 2021.

1. Station Wagon Ranger

Station Wagon Ranger 1953 Ford Country Squire Station Wagon

Wagon Garage:

Thank you so much. I agree. The "Easter egg colors" that were introduced in 1952 and continue throughout the 50s changed the automotive industry for sure. I guess it somewhat represented the optimism of the post war era.

The Glacier Blue was the color chosen for my car when it was restored. We like the Glacier Blue; especially living near the coast in So Cal. However my other choices would have been stock Fernmist Green (kind of a light olive drab green) or Woodsmoke Gray ( a medium gray). Both of those would have brought the wood-siding out well too. The color you refer to in A Star Is Born is technically called Polynesian Brown Metallic.

60Mercman likes this.
  2. 60Mercman

60Mercman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    What color was it originally? I have a ‘56 Town Sedan in Diamond over Bermuda blue. By ‘55-‘56 I think the two tones and tri-tone colors really hit their stride.

3. Station Wagon Ranger

Wagon Garage:
    I agree 100%. The two tones were the only way to go if you had the option. I have a nice book on the 1950s Fords you should buy if you can. Its very good with vintage photos. Its titled: Ford Golden 50s: All the best from Henry II 1949-59 by Lorin Sorensen

According to the Vin/Information plate on my '53 it was stock Ford Glacier Blue.

4. 1930artdeco

1930artdeco Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Hi Ranger,

that shore is a purty car you got there. Do you do the resto on her? Thanks for welcome. Hope to get mine home on the 21 of the month.

mike

Station Wagon Ranger likes this.
  5. Station Wagon Ranger

Wagon Garage:
    Thank you sir. No, I purchased the car already restored (the interior and wood trim is original). I did have a nice in-depth detail done on it when it arrived to me 4 years ago. Other than that - and replacing a few valves - I just enjoy driving the car every weekend. Usually with our local woodie club chapter, or the girlfriend for a cruise and lunch, picnic, etc.