Craigslist Hacks

Discussion in 'General Station Wagon Discussions' started by ken1939, Sep 6, 2021.

1. ken1939

ken1939 Well-Known Member

Its true, I have been after a 74 CE for years. I have maintained one way or another an ad on craiglist in the want to buy section. I had a reply the other day that did not make me mad, or that I was going to respond to. The old adage of play the fool and say nothing, or speak and remove all doubt.

He complained I was looking for the same car for over 10 years and did I expect someone to come to my home and present one? Was I even looking elsewhere to find one? He used a few JC's in there as well. He also went off on my with my ad for a 80 Caprice Coupe. I did not respond just blocked him. I didnt want to take the time to explain there were only 30,000 made that year and they are hard to find, or that real car people search craigslist all the time looking for specific makes or models. I think it kind of replaced Hemmings in some ways too.

Ok thats the rant, I am sure we have all had someone that spoke out of turn :)

2. Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Well, he was certainly 'helpful', wasn't he?

I occasionally respond to some Craig's List ads where they have incorrect information on a particular vehicle, like the wrong year, or on some not ever the correct make or model....... I rarely get a "Thank you for the correct information..." Most of the time the sellers don't place a high priority on accuracy.

And, as long as we're talking about it, what are your necessary specifics on the Caprice Estate, and why only a '74? I might be able to search around on the internet a bit......

3. ken1939

We had one, I passed my drivers test in it. At the time when we got rid of it for a 1981 CE I never though about asking to keep it, didn't have a dime :) I have searched high and low and I did pass on one that was local to me about 8 years ago now, I think its for sale in Ohio, Cream, I could have had it for 2500, asking price is 12K. No power gate kind of turned me off :)
    Not looking for a trailer queen, just one that is in good enough physical condition to drive. Rust was the issue with ours. We had a 6 Passenger, Black Vinyl interior, full power windows, locks, gate, 400 4bbl, Bronze Metallic.

4. Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    We're posting up clamshells quite often over in the 'Station Wagon Auctions, Craigs List and Other Station Wagons For Sale' section. Since these wagons aren't getting any younger, maybe you should consider all clamshells in general, and not just the Chevrolets.......

5. ken1939

They sure are but frankly other clams don't interest me. Then I will have memories and a picture :)

6. Silvertwinkiehobo

Silvertwinkiehobo "Everything that breaks starts with 'F.'"

You know, in my family, we only had one wagon (well, two, if you count our Club Wagon van), so for me, I never had any memories of that '56 Ranch Wagon, as it was given to a neighbor farm boy when I was two. So, as an adult, I've owned a small handful of station wagons, and currently own a 1989 Colony Park I purchased in June, and I've always made my own memories with these wagons. If I wanted to have the vehicles I drove for my license and my first vehicle, I'd have Mom's 1980 Silverado pickup, and the 1978 Fairmont Dad gave me after I got out of the Navy.