A Morbid idea, but no answer?

Discussion in 'Site News, Feedback, Suggestions and Help' started by Stormin' Norman, Dec 18, 2007.

1. Stormin' Norman

Stormin' Norman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Every now and then I get to thinking about my potential for longevity - how many more years on the ODD-O-Meter.

I've seen programs on some weather sites that update every 10 seconds, almost all of the online Radio sites keep track (timers) of the transmitting speed. But there's nothing to track if a member has passed on. There's no way to send condolences in time to the family. Sh!t happens, but we build good friendships without ever seeing our ugly pusses, and it would be nice to know if one of our pals moved on to the great restoration show.

Every web forum on the planet could use that. It would mean some Desktop utility, that a spouse or friend would click on and broadcast a posting to his favourite forums. I know its Christmas, and the time of good cheer, but here's a gap in this web-connected stratosphere that should be developed.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2007
    ModelT1 likes this.
  2. wagonmaster

wagonmaster Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Wagon Garage:
  3. Stormin' Norman

Stormin' Norman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Son of a seadog! I wondered about this when I was on the Windows 95 alpha and beta tests in 1994 and 1995. Microsoft didn't want to go there. Good that somebody did. Thanks.

4. Poison_Ivy

Poison_Ivy Dogzilla Fan

Wagon Garage:
    I've converted my Windows 7 desktop into a vintage 95/98 and I think it now looks cool and reminds me of the days when Windows was still user friendly and you didn't have to go out and buy a printer, every time the ink ran out:

[​IMG]

How to:

ModelT1 likes this.
  5. ModelT1

ModelT1 Still Lost in the 50's

Wagon Garage:
    Poison_Ivy likes this.