72 T&C LargeBarge Project Update

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Projects' started by LargeBarge72, Jan 13, 2011.

1. LargeBarge72

LargeBarge72 New Member

As many of you know, ive been tossing around different ideas on what to do with the wagon when it comes to paint. Still havent fully decided but have been slowly getting the car in primer and doing some other detail work. Here are some updates.

Here is a before and after of the grille - wanted a more aggressive look - so I disassmbled/cleaned/painted it black. MUCH better IMO.

BEFORE:

[​IMG]

AFTER:

[​IMG]

Also have the driver side in primer now. You gotta love Arizona cars.. It needed ZERO bodywork. I just scuffed the old paint and shot it with primer.

BEFORE:

[​IMG]

AFTER: once again, much better IMO for now. Its a 'cleaner' look.

[​IMG]

I only have the driver side done and the tailgate as I have no place to work other than in front of my apartment complex. So I have been de-trimming 1 panel at a time, taping if off and then spraying it...reassemble etc.

More to come...should be nice this weekend. The key is that I have to have a perfectly calm day so the spray doesnt fly too far. Yes, im rattle canning it for now. Its only primer..when it comes to real paint, yea - ill have someone do it the professional way. Im doing as much prep as I can myself to save the $$$. I can rattle can the whole car in primer for about $50.

Enjoy... feed back is always welcome both neg and pos.

2. moparjohn

moparjohn Active Member

Looks good, wish mine had a solid body like that. Did you paint the whole grille black, and the surround/ looks like the hozirontal ribs in the grille are silver (reflection?) that would be cool because it would give it depth and the aggressive look. I like it!

3. LargeBarge72

LargeBarge72 New Member

Entire grille is black (satin)...must be the reflection that makes the ribs look silver. Its all black...the headlight buckets..the surround..the ribs etc. I was surprised at the weight and stength of those parts.. man! no wonder this car weighs to much.. each headlight surround was 2lbs... each half of the grille was almost 5lbs.

All that stuff on todays cars is plastic.. this thing was built to LAST!

4. need a wagon

need a wagon Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Looking much better! when you get done practicing on that one, i have a 69 that you can do. :) its gonna need some straightening though. a few whiskey dents. people must not drink in arizona

5. gpd294

gpd294 Well-Known Member

Lookin' good! :camera: are ALWAYS great!!!!!:dancing: