70 Pontiac Ventura Wagon

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by figmo, Aug 3, 2011.

1. figmo

figmo New Member

Wagon Garage:
    New to this fourm ! I just aquired a 70 Pontiac wagon 400, 4 barrel, 3 seat wagon! Only thing missing off the car is the spare tie cover.( right rear) Any Ideas where I could find one or what years would fit.? I just got this car today 8/2/11 the guy was hauling it to the scraper!! PW windows, AC,pw steering,brakes,tailgate,,It was sitting for 11 years,drained the tank,new battery,started right up,runs like a clock.Haven't driven it yet has 2 flat tires.. I'll take it for a test ride tomorrow! The guy I got it from said the fella he got it from said it needs new front bushings ETC. Thats why he parked 11 years ago. I have several old cars in various stages of repair.I hope my wife dosen't find this one for a couple weeks!!!!! Any help would be great..Thanks Bob

2. tbirdsps

tbirdsps New Member Charter Member

:Welcome:figmo.

3. wixom61

wixom61 Well-Known Member

Welcome figmo! So glad you were able to rescue that wonderful Pontiac! :2_thumbs_up_-_anima
    Can't wait to see some pics of it!

David :)

4. snooterbuckets

snooterbuckets Well-Known Member

Welcome Figmo. Good luck keeping it under wraps from the wife. Long roofs are pretty hard things to hide.

5. 1tireman

1tireman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Welcome Figmo, let's see them pics!

6. wixom61

wixom61 Well-Known Member

If the wife sees the Pontiac, tell her it must be a figmo of her imagination! Safari so goody! :rofl2:

David :)

7. fannie

fannie Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    :Welcome: Bob...(y) excellent another Pontica wagon! Someone will be alone to guide with your parts search. Glad you found the place :)

8. HillbillyHipster

HillbillyHipster Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Ventura? I never have heard of a Ventura Wagon, anyway I believe the 1965-70 Full size GM (Chevrolet,Pontiac)wagons have that spare tire cover that you are looking for.

9. silverfox

silverfox New Member

Wagon Garage:
    :Welcome:to the wagon train, fig. Post up some pix of that Poncho when you get a chance.:thumbs2:

10. figmo

figmo New Member

Wagon Garage:
    Ok folks here we go, Fixed the flat's ,2 qt's trans fluid,some brake fluid,a little water,put it in gear off I went! Front end needs new control arm bushings,way sloppy to drive..Any how she shift's fine brakes are junk.Has disc in the front drum in the rear.power seat also,needs windsheild. I'll take a couple pictures in the morning! Yes it's a Ventura I can;t seem to find much on it other then it's a sub of a Catalina wagon? Thanks for the info on the spare tire cover! probably hard to find even out here in calif.They are crushing car'sby the thousand's! Some guy on Ebay had a 1970 pontiac wagon brocher that has all the model wagons in it but no Ventura.Maybe I have a rare bird?? Wife spotted the car! Cost me a dinner at Applebee's. I'm headed for Hot August Night's in Reno next week.Takin my 63 Buick special 2 door post.215 v8 auto ac.fun car to drive. I'll get the pcture's up tomorrow if I can figure ou how to do it.. SEEEE YAAAA BOB

11. Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Welcome, Figmo.

What you probably have there is indeed a 1970 Pontiac, Ventura station wagon. Starting from about 1961 I believe, on up through model year 1971, a Pontiac Ventura was in reality a Pontiac Catalina with an optional 'Ventura' trim package added to it - a bit nicer interior upholstery, maybe a bit more chrome trim on the exterior....

I checked the 1970 Pontiac brochure on line, and it does mention the Ventura trim option for the Catalina. In 1970, I owned a 1964 Catalina Ventura 2-door hardtop.

For model year '72, the 'Ventura' name went on the new Pontiac version of the Chevy Nova.

Post up some pics.....

Marshall

12. figmo

figmo New Member

Wagon Garage:
  13. figmo

figmo New Member

Wagon Garage:
    Thanks, trying to figure out how to add picture.I'm not computer savy at all! I decode the vin this car was built in southgate calif. seems all the rest of the data matches correctly. I got the title today the guy had to locate it.. Thanks for the help. I think I loaded some pictures in my gallery. I'll get it figure out I guess..Thanks again.. Bob

14. Steve-E-D

Steve-E-D Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    I'll pull the pics into this thread for you.

p1040052.jpg

p1040056.jpg

p1040047.jpg

p1040051.jpg

p1040053.jpg

15. figmo

figmo New Member

Wagon Garage:
    Thanks Steve !! I'll figure out how to add picture later,I'm off to HAN in Reno! I just bought a 66 Nova wagon yesterday! NEEDS EVERYTHING,misssing glass,3 speed 6cyl,engine apart,I think I'll hot rod this one.... Thanks