69 Chevelle Wagon

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Memorabilia & Toys' started by WagonMatt, Aug 21, 2010.

1. WagonMatt

WagonMatt New Member

Well I see a couple of guys I know from other model car boards.
    "HEY ED!!!!" :cheers:

Well This is new from my Model Car Aftermarket Resin Company. It is a Malibu or Chevelle wagon. I am planning on doing the 70-72s also. this might even spawn into other GM mid size wagons from these years. I am playing with the idea of making a 70 GTO Wagon. That might be fun. Anyways. Any questions. Just ask. I will be around.

This is just the body kit. I will be coming out with more parts for this. The body kit comes with the body, rear bumper, clear red tail lights and bezels, and 4 door handles. You use an AMT 69 Chevelle kit for a donor. The kit chassis will need to be stretched.
    I am going to be coming out with an interior kit, a flat hood, chassis and later a non SS front grill/bumper.
    [​IMG]
    Matt
    DENCON Scale Resin Specialties.
    www.denconresin.com

Last edited: Aug 21, 2010
  2. chevygod

chevygod Well-Known Member

Why not use the Ertl 1968 El Camino for a chassis donor? Should be same length if body is scaled correctly.

Will it include an interior tub?

Cool resin body, but I need a 70!

3. WagonMatt

WagonMatt New Member

You could but it will need allot of re working. This wagon is based off of the old 69 El Camino that came out in 69. The 68 ElCamino that came out in the late 90's was a complete new tooling. Even thought that kit says that it is 1/25 it turns out to be a little bit larger. Thanks made everything from that 68 Camino kit a little too wide for my resin kit.

I am working on an interior tub that will be sold separately.
    I am going to do the 70 next. Maybe have it out mid 2011.
    Matt

4. Fat Tedy

Fat Tedy Island Red Neck

Rather than streching the chassis of the other kit, why not just start with a complete kit?

[​IMG]

5. WagonMatt

WagonMatt New Member

I have not tried it out, but I am sure that the chassis from that 66 kit would work. The chassis that I will be coming out with is just a re pop of the simple chassis that was in the 69 ElCamino kit that came out in 69. That is why I offer all of my resin items separate and not as a full kit only. I like to allow my customers to buy as much or as little as they want. I figured that there will be many builders that just might want the body. Some might want just the body and the interior and so on. But back to the chassis. I will just do that simple chassis in resin for customers that want an easy to go together model. Eventually I will have everything in resin for this wagon that the only thing you will not get from me is the wheels & tires. Again set up as a "Buy what you want" system on my web site.
    Thanks for your interest.

6. Fat Tedy

Fat Tedy Island Red Neck

Ohhh, sorry dude, I missed/did'nt realize that body was your own casting, your company:oops:. :tiphat: off to you, I used to model and cast some of my own parts.....never got to where you are though, a whole body:disagree:

I thought you bout the resin cast and were looking for a kit to build it....I shu yup now:biglaugh:

7. WagonMatt

WagonMatt New Member

No, all cool. You brought up a great point in using that chassis as an option.
    Thanks for posting.

8. WagonMatt

WagonMatt New Member

Little history about this resin body. First, this has been a model that I have wanted to build for years. This was a resin kit put out for many years by F&F Resin. After the guy that ran and owned F&F, Ed Fluck, died. His son took over. But he scaled down the production quite a bit. So this body was un available for many years.
    A few years ago, Ed Fluck jr. (Now Drag City Castings) put on his web site that he was going to be coming back with this body. But ended up scrapping the idea because the masters were just in too bad of shape and it was going to take allot of work to get them going again. So Anytime I would see one of these (Usually a 72) show up on E-bay. I would bid but then lose out and they would go for well over $100.00. Well enough was enough for me. I contacted Ed Jr. and asked him if he would sell me the master and the rights to do it. He said he would. We made a deal and I got the master. It was in the middle of being transformed into a 70. I wanted a 69 and because it needed so much work. I went ahead and did the 69. Next I am going to do the 70.

9. Fat Tedy

Fat Tedy Island Red Neck

I liked that read, forgot all about F+F and Kudos for getting the master for that wagon. I had kept several links on our old PS/PC for Model stuff, but then it crashed and I lost everything. I still Visit, look at Model Express...Dennis is a great guy, a honest guy:thumbs2:. Remember Jimmy Flintsone resins, he did alot of wagon related castings. I wish I could get ahold of the many Johan kits that were avalible, several wagons in there line when, back in the day wagons were not cool. Not a wagon but I have a complete ( I un-wraped it) Johan origoanl Chrystler Turbine car, not the later snap kit but the real deal trofie series, kleen-ex type box, no bar code, the castings for the time could be compared to the quality of Tamiya kits. Real coil springs, seperate fenders, I could keep going on. The factory packing is better than any kit I have ever seen, the part trees have legs so they don't lay on each other.. like a box of expensive candy.

Any remote chance you getting the master for AMT's 67 Mercury Cougar:dance:??...most likely not, eh?:rofl2:

Last edited: Aug 25, 2010
  10. WagonMatt

WagonMatt New Member

That Turbine kit is worth some money. Have you ever checked out model cars on E-bay. WOW! I have gotten some great stuff on there that I was looking for for years.
    That 67 Cougar is a tough one. I not sure who, but I think that there is another resin caster that is doing it. I have a resin one from an old company. It is not very good, and it is really old resin. Back when resin was not like it is today. Very brittle. It is falling apart.

11. beaumontwagon

beaumontwagon New Member

Wagon Garage:
    Sweet thats cool.Have you made any 64-67 olds vista cruisers or buick sportwagons? Ive been looking for a while.

12. WagonMatt

WagonMatt New Member

No I have not. I do not have any plans at this time either. The only wagons I have plans and no dates set at this time is, the 70-72 Chevelle Wagons. A 64 Chevelle wagon. A 66 nova/ChevyII wagon and if I can get ahold of a good one. A 63 Chevy II. I keep on getting outbid on e-bay for those.
    I am open to other wagons as long as I have a good master. I really am not equipped to just make a master for a body of a car that there was never a model of before. I need something that is at least close.
    I have been playing with the idea of making a 70 GTO wagon just for fun. Only because I would love to have one for myself.
    Matt