65 Ford full size wagon, Tbird interior

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Projects' started by martyanderson10, Oct 22, 2014.

1. MikeT1961

MikeT1961 Well-Known Member

GREAT job. It sure will be beautiful when you are through. For putting pictures in the body of your post, go to the host, like photobucket, and right click on the image, then click copy. Go to your post here, and right click, then select paste, and Bob's your uncle, your picture is in. It may well be a little large, but we are used to going into the next room to see a full picture. Happens to a lot of us. LOL

2. martyanderson10

martyanderson10 Save A Wagon

This is a 65 Galaxie built by Kindig it Designs and featured on their tv show. I Have been looking for a clean 65 Ford full size wagon for over 10 years and the one I am building now is a Texas rust free car.
    I love the clean white with the graphics and I am going to paint my wagon in a very similar paint scheme and a bright red interior. I will also have air ride suspension and 20" wheels. I LOVE the 20" "salt flat" wheels but this exact wheel is about $1,200 EACH! Too rich for my blood but American Racing has an almost identical wheel for about $500 each. Still a little high for my budget but I may be able to swing it if I sell my 70 Dodge Dart to help fund this project. [​IMG]

3. martyanderson10

Thanks, I got it.

4. Pyrokustoms

Pyrokustoms New Member

Very Cool build so far. I have a set of 66 Thunderbird seats for my 65, and a Galaxie xl center console to put in too. I like the 65 dash too much to change it though, every time a look at it it reminds me of my grandpaw

5. martyanderson10

More holes filled, about 60 holes filled and about 70 more to go :eek:
    [​IMG]
    Many more hours to go on the Thunderbird dash install. The Tbird dash was a little short so I had to cut the ends off the original dash and fabricate them onto the new dash.
    [​IMG]
    The Tbird dash sits lower and farther from the cowl than the original so I had to fabricate a spacer from the old dash and make a riser to fill the gap and mount the original dash ot cowl trim.
    [​IMG]
    One door done and 3 more to go.
    [​IMG]

6. martyanderson10

I thought I would give some updates on my build. I have made a fair amount of progress but never posted anything. I filled in the last of the 130 trim holes. Here is the long roof where I decided I didn't want to keep the roof rack, for one thing it was missing one of the bars for the roof and I am also going for a clean shaved look for this car and make it look a little more sleek.
    [​IMG]

I decided on a set of American Racing Nova 20" wheels with the fattest rubber I can squeeze in the fender well.
    [​IMG]

I finished one of the front door panels using metal trim from the 64 Tbird donor interior.
    [​IMG]

7. Stormin' Norman

Stormin' Norman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Wow! I'm with you on personalizing my rides. Mine was born in Mexico, as a Fairmont Squire wagon, and this is the second time I'm doing a resto. Fender vents from a Zephyr, already did the Mustang gauge conversion, tri-power, header, standard 4-speed OD trans.

Nice attention to detail. Fine work. :bowdown:

8. n2fordmuscle

n2fordmuscle Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Looking great. Love the way the hood turned out. Love those Novas. Back when they were made by a company called KMC, I wanted a set for my Magnum. What size tire? 275-40 would be my guess.

9. martyanderson10

Good eye, that is correct. I think I can go a little wider if I want to.

10. n2fordmuscle

Wagon Garage:
    I ran 275-40 on my Magnum, still run them on my wife's Chrysler 300C. I also ran 295-40 and 315-35 on the rear. Fairly easy to find either size, and not too expensive.

11. ModelT1

ModelT1 Still Lost in the 50's

Wagon Garage:
    Lookin good. Thanks for the photo update.:clap:

12. martyanderson10

I actually put a set of 20" wheels and tires off my Chrysler 300 SRT8 that I sold a few years ago on my 62 Ford sedan delivery. I was surprised to find that they have the same lug pattern.
    [​IMG]

13. Badwagon

Badwagon more wood plz

I fit a 295/35/22 on my 64 with room to spare... I think a 285 will fit on the 67 easily depending on how low I take the Squire..

[​IMG]

14. martyanderson10

I picked up a nice used set of 2, 315/30/20 That I am almost sure will fit on my 62 sedan delivery with a little thicker spacer and a slight trim on the fender lip. I LOVE the look of really wide tires from the rear of the car, it just makes them look badass.

15. n2fordmuscle

Wagon Garage:
    I agree. Of course, it's gotta sit kinda low to look right IMO.