2020 ISWC National Meet June Shenandoah Valley VA

Discussion in 'Car Shows and Swap Meets' started by theamcguy, Nov 14, 2019.

1. theamcguy

theamcguy Active Member

The 2020 ISWC (International Station Wagon Club) National Meet will be held June 25th-27th somewhere in the Shenandoah Valley in western Virginia. The exact location and schedule details are being worked out. If you have a Station wagon and would like to spend a weekend with other station wagon enthusiasts please plan to attend.

2. OrthmannJ

OrthmannJ Always looking for old ford crew cabs

Dang, that sounds like a good time. To bad it's so far away... :(

3. 60Mercman

60Mercman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Seems like they alway have their meets on the eastern side of the country. I guess it makes sense. Seems like they are mostly through that I-95 corridor.

4. TonyU

TonyU Member

Man I would love to go, just don’t know if I want to put that kind of miles on my Roadmaster

5. MAK

MAK Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    this is my back yard, and I'm without a wagon. Just figures. kind of a commentary on my life.

Grizz likes this.
  6. TonyU

TonyU Member

What happened to your wagon Mak?

7. CarpenterCruiser

CarpenterCruiser Member

Wagon Garage:
    Any more information about this???

8. 60Mercman

Wagon Garage:
    Haven’t heard anything, but if it’s like everything else around the country. I bet it’s canceled. I live in a state where our Governor would love to see everything canceled till she can run for President in 2024. Our car Council museum show was postponed until August, but now the city is bulking at that date as we may still have a case or two lingering.

CarpenterCruiser likes this.
  9. 60Mercman

Wagon Garage:
    As a follow up I looked on the website. The June 2020 meet is canceled until June of 2021

CarpenterCruiser likes this.
  10. MAK

MAK Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
  11. Doghead

Doghead Well-Known Member

It's easier being an armchair mechanic behind a screen :bigsmile:. Seriously, many of those who have been doing projects have somehow mysteriously disappeared. Others became health issues (not surprising, after discovering what's in our tap water and in the rest of the environment). Then there's the issue of expendable income. Many of desireable wagons have left the ports in containers, to be shipped to places where there are still expendable incomes. Mainly, to Scandinavia.
    My dad was able to buy a house, have 3 kids and we vacationed every year, without my mom having to go out and supplement the family Piggy Bank. Try doing that, nowadays. When each spouse has to go work 3 jobs a day just to keep up, who has time for projects? As soon as the Gold Standard gets restored, we can then consider taking on major projects again.
    Then again, project-worthy cars are getting more expensive as they continually get scarce. What isn't helping is the fact that Ward Cleaver and Fred McMurray types behind the wheel are getting extinct. I would never want to drive a classic car around the types sitting behind wheels, these days.
    Besides that, who even likes working on newer cars, since they're built and styled like throw-away utensils?

12. 60Mercman

Wagon Garage:
    Mak, I agree I think it would be fun to see some projects listed on here that are being worked on. I will post some pictures once done, but am working on redoing a ‘68 Country Squire. Matter of fact just found and bought on EBay 2 NOS rear side markers. 965B337C-44D8-40D4-889A-ABBC85A8D184.png

13. OrthmannJ

Mercman, I was going to mention something after I saw that photo you posted in the welcome thread about the 68 Ford.
    Don't wait until your project is done! Post what you have to begin with and share your progress along the way!

14. 60Mercman

Wagon Garage:
    Thanks Orthmann. I just don’t think about it. Sometimes I just want the time, without knowing how the watch is made. I forget there are folks on this site, me included that like progress pictures. Wagons almost done. Will definitely post done pictures, but will add a few now.

Attached Files:

15. OrthmannJ

It's alright.
    Also, there's nothing that says you can't start a new thread and have it chronicle everything from the beginning even though it's already happened. We wouldn't mind. (y)