1988 Mercury Colon Park

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Projects' started by 12ozMouseBoner, Dec 2, 2017.

1. OrthmannJ

OrthmannJ Always looking for old ford crew cabs

Reminds me of the line from the movie Harry and the Hendersons.

"You drive a classic, you try to take care of it and then some dumb animal..."

12ozMouseBoner likes this.
  2. 12ozMouseBoner

12ozMouseBoner Well-Known Member

he wasn't kidding on the "then some" part

3. Silvertwinkiehobo

Silvertwinkiehobo "Everything that breaks starts with 'F.'"

I saw Harry and the Hendersons drunk, on a DC-10 at whatever altitude between Honolulu and L.A., and all I remember is John Lithgow dynamiting his brakes and Harry flies off the top like Superman.

4. 12ozMouseBoner

12ozMouseBoner Well-Known Member

Log Feb 3rd:

Today I'm looking after my mum after her surgery, I'll be doing so for the next couple weeks. It's not a very good time, I've run out of money due to no income and I've ran out of cigarettes. I like heavy, heavy nicotine cigarettes so the withdrawal is similar to my days with oxy. There's nothing I'd like right now more than a Marlboro black 100, a cup of good cappucinno, and a copy of East of Eden to read. At least I have my drawing supplies and my guitar. While I'm in Pittsburgh I could probably busk to get my cigarette/coffee money, I can't stand being in the same place for too long. On the good side of things, I've found a treasure trove of old Mercuries at a junkyard back home, no wagons but I'll be able to peice my interior together and retro fit smoker windows to my wag. I wonder if I'll be able to dye the interior pieces without the colour cracking or fading, I want to dye the pieces black. I've always liked black, it's a very elegant colour imo.

5. Silvertwinkiehobo

Silvertwinkiehobo "Everything that breaks starts with 'F.'"

You need the better dyes. I can't remember the name, but it actually adheres to the plastic, unlike most paints. And, of course, the better, cleaner prep, the better the adhesion.

12ozMouseBoner likes this.