1986 parisienne looking for spare front end parts due to accident

Discussion in 'Cosmetic & Restoration' started by InuYasha86000, Oct 8, 2020.

1. InuYasha86000

InuYasha86000 Member

Hey everyone, I am reaching out for help, back in early febuary this year my family and I got involved in a car crash with my 1986 pontiac parisienne station wagon, we live in BC canada, the accident happened in surrey, a jeep compass ran a red light using on coming lanes and I had no where to go but hit him, he rolled twice and landed on a honda, I drove my car home but my gf got a concussion from the accident.
    insurance deemed the jeep at fault but has stayed silent on repairs, so i've been slowly trying to fix the car myself, the car is still insured and I still drive it on occasion, I managed to get a bumper and new front facia complete, I still need a hood but if I can I want to get a complete front end, sadly I cannot afford much but i'm hoping if someone out there is scrapping even a parisienne sedan I can hopefully get the complete front.
    here's the link to our accident: https://www.surreynowleader.com/news/traffic-snarled-after-vehicle-collision-in-newton/ any help is appreciated.

2. Silvertwinkiehobo

Silvertwinkiehobo "Everything that breaks starts with 'F.'"

Damn, that is harsh. Stupid people shouldn't have access to machinery. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the Pontiac share the exact sheet metal with the Caprice? If so, that opens up the pool of cars you can get parts from. Also, have you got on Row52.com, scoured the PNW (including Washington and Oregon along the I-5 corridor) for candidate vehicles at u-pull yards?

3. InuYasha86000

InuYasha86000 Member

caprice is pretty much a carbon copy, I know some of the later years had slight differences to the front, and I haven't checled cross boarder yet as this whole covid thing still has the boarder shutdown.

4. Silvertwinkiehobo

Right, but shipping can still happen. I'm hopping onto my laptop shortly, I can take a quick peek, as I used to live in Everett up until mid-January.

5. Silvertwinkiehobo

Dang, uh, never mind. Only four sedans across the U.S., none in Canada. IMG_20201008_103522.jpg

6. Silvertwinkiehobo

The one in Dallas is about a 5-6 hour drive from me.

7. InuYasha86000

InuYasha86000 Member

I appreciate the help so far, seems like it's going to be a needle in a hay stack search.

8. moparandfomoco

moparandfomoco Well-Known Member

try this one out; it's in the Carolinas, but you better hurry!

9. KT88

KT88 Active Member

What I would do is get a lawyer to go after your and the other driver's insurance companies ASAP. Don't start making any repairs until you get the claims settled. If you start making repairs, they have the chance to claim that you made the damage worse. If your GF suffered a concussion and you have medical records to show for that, that alone is enough to get them to wake up. Because of the age of the car they will want to scrap it, but the medical issues may net you some money. Trust me, been there.

10. InuYasha86000

InuYasha86000 Member

we have provincal insurance out here (ICBC) so everyone is insured by the same company sadly, my gf already has a lawyer for her medical claim and is still fighting with them on it, lawyers wouldn't touch my case at all.

11. Silvertwinkiehobo

Yeah, I've heard that ICBC can drag their feet. So unless you need the wagon, I would park it, as KT88 said, and give ICBC the 'squeaky wheel' treatment. As for the Parisienne in North Carolina, if you can, jump on it, perhaps there's a member in that area who could assist?

12. InuYasha86000

InuYasha86000 Member

I left a comment on the video, hopefully it's not too much trouble, my fear is the exchange rate getting me as well.

13. InuYasha86000

InuYasha86000 Member

I posted a comment on that video a few days ago, hopefully I get some reply.

14. HotRodRacer

HotRodRacer Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Wagon Garage:
    Inu, go here and either call them at the number listed, or send an email through the contact page -

https://21-motors.com/contact/

I left a comment as well on the video page and I haven't received a reply yet either.

15. InuYasha86000

InuYasha86000 Member

just sent a message for a quote, I mapped it from my house and good god, almost 3000 mile drive and 43 hours. i'm thinking I may not be able to afford it.