1986 Ford Country Squire

Discussion in 'Cosmetic & Restoration' started by AnthonyMichShaw, Dec 15, 2015.

1. AnthonyMichShaw

AnthonyMichShaw New Member

Hey I'm Anthony, been in love with wagons ever since I was a little kid, now I've started to accumulate several of my own! (2 '98 Volvo V70's 1 GLT and the other T, '95 BMW 525I lowered, and this car below which I had some questions on)

So I just picked up a 1986 Ford Country Squire LT down in Lake City, FL over the weekend for $1K. She runs like a dream, but as expected there's a few things I'd like to fix up:

Weatherproofing: The lining where the windows roll up into is hard and cracks easily, any recomendations for replacement lining? (Not the rubber material at the bottom of the windows, that's fine)

Trunk Door: I know on this model the trunk opened top to bottom or side to side like a car door but the handle on the outside of the door is broken (the latch is there but there appears to be no connection to it and any operating mechanisms) Any tips for that kind of replacement?

3rd Row Seats: So there's the aluminum/steel (I think?) base in the back, but the seats were removed. Anybody know where I could pick some up or anyone that's selling some?

Much thanks!
    Anthony

Attached Files:

2. ModelT1

ModelT1 Still Lost in the 50's

Wagon Garage:
    Anthony I realize this is sort of almost an introduction. But the first thing you need to do is go to the WELCOME WAGON and introduce yourself to the group.
    Then we can talk about your new toy.

3. AnthonyMichShaw

AnthonyMichShaw New Member

Oh okay can do!