1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

Discussion in 'Car & Truck Talk' started by markfnc, May 2, 2023.

1. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

2. 60Mercman

60Mercman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Interesting car. The black walls are really distracting. This car definitively needs white walls. Also it’s got a few pesky things that make me wonder about the actual milage. Can’t figure what the picture with the mini vent window is going on, but just a hair suspect of a 29,000 actual milage claim. It’ll be interesting to see where it gavels down at.

3. cammerjeff

cammerjeff Longroofs Rule!

I agree, it does not look like original paint to me, looks like an old cheap respray with all that orange peel. Looks like a early mid eighties lacquer paint job to my eyes. I also suspect it is an always garaged 125K example that was put in a barn around the year 2000 and pulled out and cleaned up.

Probably Grandpa's last new car.

4. annap01gt

annap01gt Blue Safari

Looks like it spent 125K miles on gravel roads. To my eye the interior has held up pretty good though.

5. elB

elB Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    It's definitely 129k miles, the title it has says so per the seller. Plenty of "odometer says 29k" type shenanigans are pretty much advertising copy or outright lies.

Also, I'm certain it's been repainted, there's 2 shades of blue you can see in certain spots and the way it is chipping in places is exactly what cars that have been repainted with a certain type of paint tend to peel and chip on. The mini vent window appears to have lost the grip on the adhesive strip that holds the weatherstripping to the side of the glass. What you see running down is either something someone used to try and glue it back in that ran down the side or the car was parked under a carport or similar and it rained down on that spot for a long period of time - I've had cars that have had similar damage from both things.

Still a nice looking car and if everything works I'd say it'd be a great road trip car.

6. Silvertwinkiehobo

Silvertwinkiehobo "Everything that breaks starts with 'F.'"

Sold today for $7,123.

7. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

[​IMG]